Charlotte, North Carolina is a city that’s hard to define, but easy to explore and enjoy. Located in the heartland of the Tar Heel State, it’s a melting pot of Southern culture, various culinary scenes, and the financial center for countless industries that range from finance to motorsports. Known as the Queen City, Charlotte also serves as one of the United State’s key financial centers–second only to New York City in terms of assets–thanks to its reputation as the headquarters of major banks, such as Bank of America, and a major hub for Wells Fargo.
Beyond the skyscrapers, boardrooms, and desks of accountants, however, Charlotte offers an array of recreational and cultural activities from its arts centers to the range of parks and museums found in the area. Visitors find plenty of reasons to stop in Charlotte–from businesspeople attending conferences and meetings to people drawn to the lure of the U.S. National Whitewater Center, watching the Charlotte Hornets, or exploring the art, music, and history that the city has to offer.
Charlotte also has plenty of excellent accommodations to offer its visitors. You can find everything from high-end luxury lodgings featuring terraced, roof-top bars with fancy art installations to more budget-friendly options that do everything but skimp out on quality. With convenient locations and a number of fantastic amenities, Charlotte’s hotels offer guests the perfect base camp from which to explore the city and all that it has to offer.
Best Hotels in Charlotte, North Carolina
Address: 10000 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy, Charlotte, NC 28277, United States
The Ballantyne is a fine luxury accommodation experience that lives up to the reputation of impeccable services and an array of upscale amenities, with a price tag to boot. Known for lavish attention to detail, this hotel is one of the best high-end experiences in Charlotte. Grand staircases, marble floors, and chandeliers provide a traditional charm and an inviting atmosphere that makes it a popular choice for weddings, corporate events, and leisure getaways.
This hotel leaves no stone unturned when it comes to amenities. While not a resort, The Ballantyne provides a number of features more commonly found on beachside resorts in California or Florida, such as an 18-hole golf course, a luxurious spa, multiple indoor and outdoor pools, and a modern fitness center. There is also a tennis court and a range of event spaces in various sizes that can host any occasion.
- A seamless mix of Southern charm and modern amenities.
- World-class cuisine sourced from local vendors for an authentic taste.
- State-of-the-art spa and prestigious golf course onsite.
- Commands an experienced price tag.
- Location may be a tad distant for those seeking bustling city life.
Address: 201 E Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
There are fewer 5-star hotels than most might imagine, and for good reason–the level of luxury and opulence, quality of service, and provision of amenities necessary for a hotel to reach that classification are unachievable by many. However, the Ritz-Carlton in Charlotte passes those tests with flying colors.
From the moment you enter into the lobby, the design is modern, but refined and elegant, featuring glass sculptures, various surfaces of imported marble, and brass touches. The building’s architecture is a picture of modern luxury and aesthetics, and the art collection throughout the hotel adds a unique and cultured touch.
Guests have access to a rooftop garden, an impressive spa complex that offers a range of treatments, an indoor pool, and a fully-fledged fitness center. The roof-top garden is also multipurpose, serving as a peaceful and relaxing feature while also providing the BLT Steak and K Lounge with herbs and other ingredients for a fresh, eco-friendly business model.
- Exquisite accommodation with breathtaking city views
- On-site amenities including a 15-seat artisanal bar.
- Excellent service.
- High-end pricing to meet the hotel’s level of luxury.
- Parking can be difficult.
Address: 237 N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
The Dunhill Hotel, with a celebrated heritage that began in the Prohibition era, was originally constructed in 1929 and has undergone significant restorative efforts to preserve its Colonial Revival architecture. This boutique hotel, also listed on the National Register of Historic Places, provides guests with original artwork, vintage furnishings, and warm wood accents to create a combination picture of Southern hospitality with modern touches.
Amenities at this classic establishment are somewhat limited without features such as spas, pools, or fitness centers. However, the Dunhill Hotel does offer a complimentary turn-down service, courtesy car services for nearby destinations, and a business center. The hotel also has meeting and event spaces that maintain the property’s historic feel while still providing top-quality AV equipment.
- Historic prestige and charm.
- Comfortable and luxurious accommodation.
- In-house restaurant with innovative local cuisine.
- Centrally located.
- Limited modern amenities.
- No fitness facilities.
- Street noise in some rooms.
Address: 601 S College St, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
A hotel recognized for its comfortable blend of luxury and convenience, the Westin Charlotte is an upscale accommodation that is a favorite song professionals and business travelers due to the spacious workstations, panoramic windows, and premium accents throughout the establishment. The hotel boasts a contemporary profile with clean lines, a glass facade, and an open-concept lobby that is decorated with style and comfort in mind.
True to the Westin brand, the hotel offers a number of wellness amenities, which include a well-equipped fitness center, an outdoor pool, and a spa. Professionals appreciate the downtown, bustling location, the 24/7 business center, and ample meeting space. It’s also directly linked to the Charlotte Convention Center by means of a sky bridge, allowing extremely convenient access for businesspeople to many of the events, conferences, and meetings going on nearby.
- An enviable location in uptown Charlotte.
- Pristine rooms with towering views of the city.
- Impressive wellness amenities, including a heated pool and top-notch fitness center.
- Eatery on-site serving delicious Southern-style cuisine at the SoCo Cafe.
- Parking can sometimes be challenging.
- An occasional delay in room service during peak hours.
- Pricing might seem a tad high for budget-conscious travelers.
Address: 127 N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
Nestled in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, The Ivey’s Hotel blends history with luxury and boutique charm. Set in a building dating back to the early 20th century, this hotel offers an intimate experience that sets it apart from conventional chain hotels and brands. Rich hardwood floors, high ceilings, and bespoke furniture create the base of this establishment’s warm ambiance.
The Ivey’s Hotel focuses on providing each guest with personalized service, a well-respected and always-welcome facet of any hotel. Amenities include a fitness center, concierge service, and a private guest lounge, as well as a vintage library that is perfect for relaxation. While the hotel doesn’t have its own restaurant on-site, it just so happens to share the building with a high-end eatery and a lively cocktail bar, both of which offer room service to the hotel’s guests–so what difference does it make, right? Given its central location in Uptown Charlotte, visitors do also have immediate access to some of the city’s best dining options.
- Located in Uptown Charlotte, offering proximity to cultural hotspots.
- Exceptional service featuring 24-hour personal assistants.
- Historic 1920s architecture provides a unique ambiance.
- Limited parking facilities.
- No pool or fitness center within the premises.
Address: 303 S Church St, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
Contemporary luxury meets a unique design aesthetic at the Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel, characterized by semi-industrial materials and patterns contrasted with modern art installations and quirkily shaped glass fixtures. As part of the Kimpton chain, this hotel offers the brand’s signature blend of chic design and warm hospitality wrapped up in an experience designed to personalize guest experiences–a telltale mark of quality in any 4-star hotel.
Rooms and suites are designed to be havens of luxury at this Kimpton establishment, with beds covered in high-end linens and spacious bathrooms that feature designer amenities. Amenities at this property include a rooftop lounge with panoramic views of the city, a modern fitness center, and in-room spa services. Pet-friendly accommodations are also available. For dining, the hotel is home to Angeline’s, an Italian restaurant, as well as Merchant & Trade, the cocktail bar that sits atop the hotel and serves as its rooftop lounge.
- Aesthetic amalgamation of classic sophistication and contemporary luxury.
- Great panoramic views of Charlotte’s skyline from the rooftop.
- Excellent location..
- Crowd at rooftop bar can sometimes moderately affect privacy.
Address: 5501 Carnegie Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28209, United States
Journey into an eclectic fusion of Southern charm and stylish sophistication at the Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel. Nestled in the city’s upscale retail district, this polished gem aims to offer an escape from the ordinary with its luxurious facilities and meticulous service. The Renaissance Hotel offers a range of amenities to enhance guests’ experiences, such as an indoor pool, several flexible meeting spaces, and even a free local shuttle service within a certain radius, which is a major plus for people who do not have their own transportation. Additionally, many of the hotel’s well-designed accommodations provide sweeping views of the nearby Symphony Park through floor-to-ceiling glass.
- Located in the posh SouthPark District, offering prime access to high-end shopping and dining.
- Home to an in-house restaurant, Flagstones, that serves Southern cuisine.
- Signature rooms featuring premium amenities and stunning views.
- Weekend rates can be on the higher side
- Traffic around the district can be congested
Address: 201 W Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
Tucked away in a fascinating display of jazz-age glamour, the Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte encapsulates a backward journey in time to a more refined, decadent era. Situated in the center of Uptown Charlotte, this luxury boutique hotel takes inspiration from a rich tapestry of influences, including Bohemian and European art and decor, and is a showcase of intricate design elements and dramatic architectural features. The presence of chandeliers and eclectic furnishings–such as a bench-sized statue of a pair of red lips–add to the hotel’s already-distinct identity.
The Grand Bohemian provides a range of amenities and special offerings which include a rooftop bar, a full-service spa, and unique experiences like art classes and wine blending sessions. The hotel, being in the Uptown area, is within walking distance of many of Charlotte’s main attractions, such as the Spectrum Center, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art.
- Uncompromising luxury with a taste of the Jazz Age makes for a unique stay.
- A rooftop bar providing alluring skyline vistas and inventive cocktails.
- An on-site art gallery adds an element of cultural enrichment.
- Some might find the interiors a little too flamboyant.
- The vintage appeal may not be to everyone’s modern comfort tastes.
Address: 3100 Apex Dr, Charlotte, NC 28211, United States
This Hyatt Establishment, the Centric at Charlotte Southpark, offers a mid-tier accommodation experience that, while more affordable than other hotels in the area, still offers plenty of luxurious features and amenities as well as a stellar location. Sitting tall in the SouthPark neighborhood, the hotel is close to high-end shopping venues, like the SouthPark Mall. It also offers easy access to attractions like the Mint Museum, the Billy Graham Library, and Carowinds amusement park.
The interior of the Hyatt Centric is an industrial mirage that features bare concrete pillars and walls for a rough look that is quickly offset by fine leather upholstery and splashes of green, brown, and other earth tones. Hanging vines and wall moss also add to the ecological aesthetic. The hotel also features a premium rooftop lounge experience, where guests can sip cocktails on inviting, all-weather upholstery and string-light-lit terrace patios.
- Strategically positioned to mainstream attractions.
- High-end onsite amenities, including spa, restaurants, and bars.
- Trendy decor, an intersection of luxury and comfort.
- Nightlife, with lively bars, may not be conducive to light sleepers.
- Offsite parking arrangements may not be ideal for all guests.
Address: 5700 Westpark Dr, Charlotte, NC 28217, United States
An establishment with a prime location in the bustling Executive Park area, the Sonesta Charlotte Executive Park offers a comfortable and convenient stay for leisure travelers looking to explore Charlotte and especially for business guests attending meetings or conferences nearby. Dark wood accents, plush seating, and tasteful artwork decorate the lobby, providing an understated and warm ambiance.
The hotel also features a fitness center, meeting spaces, a complimentary transportation service, and an indoor swimming pool–all relatively basic amenities, but nice offerings nonetheless that transform the Sonesta from just a standard place to sleep into a suitable and convenient accommodation that meets an array of guests’ needs.
- Lively resident bistros and Japanese Hibachi grill.
- Clean, quiet rooms offering an escape from the city.
- Nails the affordable price point without skimping on comfort.
- Affirmatively friendly customer service and local hospitality.
- Located a bit off the city center, may need transportation for city attractions.
- No onsite spa facilities.
- Limited options for vegetarians in their restaurants.
Address: 132 E Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
Located in Charlotte’s buzzing financial district, the Omni Charlotte Hotel offers an understated elegance that meets the expectations of many different travelers. The massive glass facade allows for natural light to fill the interior spaces, while the contemporary furnishings and decor provide a welcoming setting. Rooms are tastefully decorated and feature floor-to-ceiling windows that offer impressive city views. The hotel’s dining options feature a New American restaurant using local ingredients and a rooftop bar that is a popular spot for evening drinks and enjoying the panoramic views of the Charlotte skyline.
The hotel’s location on South College Street is directly connected to the Overstreet Mall, which allows guests to have extreme ease of access to a number of shops, entertainment options, and eateries. It is also located close to major attractions, like the NASCAR Hall of Fame, the Spectrum Center, and Bank of America Stadium.
- Unrivalled location in the heart of Charlotte.
- High-end restaurants with locally-inspired menus.
- Luxurious spa and rooftop pool.
- Modern and comfortable rooms with city skyline views.
- No free on-site parking.
- Late-night city noise may be disruptive for light sleepers.
Address: 6300 Carnegie Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28211, United States
Comfortable all-suite accommodations are the name of the game at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton in Charlotte’s SouthPark district. It features traditional American accommodation styling, with contemporary decor, neutral colors, hardwood furnishings, and soft upholstery. Often frequented by families and business professionals thanks to the expanded living quarters, the hotel is convenient, affordable, and inviting. Business travelers appreciate the flexible meeting spaces and 24-hour business center, while families make use of the outdoor pool and excellently landscaped outdoor courtyard.
Aside from the shopping at the SouthPark Mall, the hotel is close to attractions like the Charlotte Nature Museum and the Mint Museum Randolph. The Symphony Park is also nearby, offering seasonal events and a lovely setting for a walk or picnic.
- Prime location in a high-end neighborhood.
- Clean, simple rooms.
- Affordable price tag.
- Free chocolate chip cookies.
- Could use a little bit of an aesthetic update.
Address: 555 S McDowell St Tower, Charlotte, NC 28204, United States
The Le Méridien Charlotte Hotel is a contemporary-styled hotel featuring clean lines with a touch of European elegance. High-end finishes, luxurious bathrooms, and spacious condo-style rooms provide guests with a semi-luxurious accommodation experience at a reasonable price. Premium suites at the hotel also come with separate living spaces. For amenities, Le Méridien Charlotte offers a well-equipped fitness center, a rooftop pool with excellent views, and several flexible workspaces, as well as an on-site spa. In addition to its close proximity to the Charlotte Convention Center and NASCAR Hall of Fame, the hotel is situated near the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art and the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture.
- Centrally located, with proximity to major attractions.
- Spacious rooms with striking city views.
- Exceptional on-site dining.
- Parking can be a bit pricey.
- No pets allowed.
Address: 600 S College St, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
A bright and modern hotel that opened in 2021, the JW Marriott Charlotte is an eye-catching establishment that prides itself in elegant, understated luxury and comfort-first accommodations. Rooms and suites at the JW Marriott Charlotte are decked in grayscale, neutral color palettes and feature floor-to-ceiling windows and tiled bathrooms. The lobby, a bright, open-concept entrance that appears to have been made of almost exclusively glass, lets in lots of North Carolina sunshine that gleams off of the brass and wood railings and fixtures.
Guests can enjoy private cabanas at the Aura Rooftop Pool, choose exercise equipment of their liking at the 24/7 fitness center, or rejuvenate at the Spa by JW. This Marriott establishment also features a signature JW Marriott Rooftop Bar, 5 stories off the ground, with an impressive array of outside couches, tables, chairs, and other upholstery for guests to relax and sip cocktails as they view the bustle of the street below.
- Location at the heart of the city.
- Impressive mix of Southern charm & modern elegance.
- Exceptional on-site restaurant and rooftop bar experience.
- Onsite parking comes with an additional cost.
- High demand may require advanced bookings.
Address: 15635 Don Lochman Ln, Charlotte, NC 28277, United States
This recently renovated extension of the Marriot Brand, the Courtyard by Marriott Ballantyne, serves as an excellent budget offering that provides guests with clean rooms and solid amenities. An attractive and well-priced accommodation option for business travelers attending events and conferences in the Ballantyne Corporate Park, the hotel’s location makes it convenient for exploring the upscale shops, dining, and spas, as well as the Ballantyne Golf Academy that are wall within the Courtyard’s reach.
- Excellent location, amidst dining, shopping, and entertainment venues.
- High-end amenities including a pool, fitness center, and business lobby.
- Modern, sleek design matched with unparalleled customer service.
- Limited dining options directly within the hotel itself.
- At peak times, parking can be challenging.
- Rooms near the street side can be a bit noisy.
Address: 100 W Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
The Charlotte Mariott City Center is well-respected for its prime location and modern amenities and is often the choice for business travelers due to its proximity to the city’s financial and entertainment districts. The hotel itself features a contemporary design with an elegant, sophisticated atmosphere evident by the muted colors, custom upholstery, fine fabrics, and large windows found in its recently renovated rooms.
The hotel, being in the center of Uptown Charlotte, is within walking distance of several attractions, including the Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, and Bank of America Stadium. There are multiple dining options at this Marriott establishment, the standout being Stoke Charlotte, which offers locally sourced American dishes in a casual setting, and Coco and the Director, providing a relaxed coffee house ambiance for light fare and drinks.
- An infusion of Southern charm with modern amenities.
- On-site spa and restaurants serving delectable meals.
- Prime location in the city’s heart.
- Late-night city noises may infiltrate rooms facing the street.
- Prices might be on the higher end for travelers on a budget.
Start your day with a Carolina sunrise peeping through the window at The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Charlotte North I 485, a popular choice for business travelers and families seeking a quieter stay away from the city center. This Hampton Inn, much like its brand aesthetic, features neutral tones, comfortable modern furnishings, and straightforward suite layouts that create a welcoming environment for both short-term and long-term stays. There’s also an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, and business rooms, as well as complimentary hot breakfast and free parking–plenty of value packed into a simple, clean, fresh, and affordable accommodation.
- Conveniently located for easy access to Charlotte’s main attractions.
- Complimentary hot breakfast.
- A modern and well-equipped fitness center.
- High-speed Wi-Fi.
- Limited dining options within walking distance.
- No on-site restaurant, though it provides breakfast.
Address: 4808 Sharon Rd, Charlotte, NC 28210, United States
A strategically located establishment in the upscale SouthPark neighborhood, the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/SouthPark offers a convenient spot in close proximity to business centers, restaurants, and shopping malls. The hotel offers a variety of room types, including standard rooms and suites, equipped with separate living areas, microwaves, complimentary Wi-Fi, and all the other standard amenities you’d expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. The on-site eating option, the Garden Grill & Bar, serves a range of classic American dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Clean, contemporary rooms with modern amenities.
- Convenient location nestled within the SouthPark neighborhood.
- On-site amenities including a rooftop patio, pool, and fitness center.
- Limited parking can necessitate planning during peak times.
- Limited dining options on-site, though the location makes up for that.
Address: 4905 Barclay Downs Dr, Charlotte, NC 28210, United States
Another hotel housed within the heart of Charlotte’s stylish SouthPark district, the Canopy by Hilton Charlotte Southpark is known for its trendy, boutique atmosphere and its emphasis on local culture. It seeks to offer a ‘neighborhood gateway’ experience, inasmuch as it encourages guests to explore Charlotte and the surrounding area. The Canopy’s design reflects a modern, minimalist aesthetic with certain design choices inspired by the city’s history and culture–artwork featuring local landmarks and custom furnishings appear throughout the hotel lobby, and the layout is geared toward social interaction with common spaces inviting guests to relax and connect.
The ‘Canopy Rooms’, as they’re called, feature stylish, neutral color palettes and come equipped with large HDTVs, a Nespresso machine, and other amenities including free Wi-Fi and mini-fridges. Some rooms also offer balconies with views of the SouthPark area.
- Superb location in the SouthPark district.
- Solid in-house dining options.
- Reasonable price tag for base-level rooms, especially given the relative newness of the hotel and its excellent location.
- Complimentary Canopy bikes for exploration missions.
- May experience noise due to high-street location.
- High occupancy in peak periods may lead to service delays.
Address: 6700 Phillips Pl Ct, Charlotte, NC 28210, United States
The Hampton Inn & Suites in Charlotte’s SouthPark is known for offering quality, comfort, and convenience. It’s particularly popular for its location within the upscale Phillips Place, make it an ideal choice for those who want to explore the cinemas, go shopping, and find excellent eateries right around the corner.
The hotel features a classic design that fits well within the ambiance and architectural aesthetics of Phillips Place. Guests can expect to find traditional furnishings and warm colors, with some suites offering extended living spaces and dedicated workspaces. As for amenities, this Hampton Inn provides an outdoor pool, a business center, and a gym, as well as a complimentary hot breakfast, which offers a good start to your day.
- Ideally located in close proximity to shopping districts and local attractions at Phillips Place.
- Modern, comfortable rooms.
- Some suites offer kitchenettes for extended stays.
- Popular location could lead to occasional overcrowding.
- Lack of in-house dining options.