Tucked in the heartland of America, Columbus Ohio, boasts a rich mixture of history, innovation, and Midwestern charm. It’s a city where sleek skyscrapers share blocks with historical Germanic architecture, where beer and freshly roasted coffee flow as swiftly as the Scioto River. As the state’s capital and most popular city, Columbus stands as a testament to Ohio’s progression from its Native American roots and early pioneer days to the modern, bustling city that it is today.
Visitors to Columbus are often struck by the city’s unique and somewhat eclectic blend of neighborhoods, each with its own distinct character. With attractions like the art-infused Short North Arts District to the cobblestones of German Village, it comes as no surprise that there’s a spirit of the city that is continuously attracting thousands of students, business professionals, and visitors each year. It’s also a hub for innovation and education, with Ohio State University drawing in young minds from across the country, evidenced by its ever-increasing tech scenes and progressive arts community.
For those wishing to visit to watch a game at the Ohio State Buckeye’s Stadium or attend conferences at the Greater Columbus Convention Center finding the right place to stay is paramount. Fortunately, Columbus has plenty of fine establishments and accommodations for business professionals, students, and leisure travelers alike. From simple, budget-friendly lodgings, to historic hideaways exuding old-world architectural charm, we’re spotlighting some of the best hotels in Columbus.
Best Hotels in Columbus, Ohio
Address: 50 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
The Hotel LeVeque, Autograph Collection has an attractive allure thanks in part to its rich historical background, having been an iconic presence in the Columbus skyline in the 1920s. The establishment is celebrated today for displaying a modern-retro combination of contemporary design with the classic art deco charm it was always known for in a new, refreshing way.
The tower itself, with its ornate terracotta exterior and tiered peak, is a standout star in the city’s architectural scene. Inside, guests are greeted with grand chandeliers, intricate floor mosaics, lavish woodwork, and neo-classical artwork on the walls and arched ceilings of the hallways. The rooms at Hotel LeVeque are equipped with the occasional celestial-themed artwork, starry projections, and plush bedding, tied together with a bow on top by the above-average size of the suites.
The Keep Liquor Bar, the hotel’s on-site restaurant, serves up modern French brasserie-style dishes. With its chic setting and extensive wine list, it’s a favorite spot for both guests and locals.
- Nestled in an iconic, historic skyscraper.
- A unique cosmos-inspired design scheme.
- Exquisite dining options onsite.
- Valet parking can be a bit pricey.
- Busy downtown location may not be to everyone’s preference.
- No pool or spa onsite.
Address: 620 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
This chic, modern hotel is a unique accommodation in Columbus and a place where charm meets Carrara marble and locally curated artwork. It’s a luxury boutique hotel known for upscale amenities and fine dining and is a favorite among business and leisure travelers. Nestled in the Short North Arts District, this hotel is close to a number of key attractions, such as Goodale Park, the North Market, and the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Prospective students can also visit Ohio State University from this hotel, as it is located just 1.4 miles away. The hotel’s signature restaurant, Soul, specializes in farm-to-table cuisine with a focus on using as many local ingredients as possible. There is also a bar area available where guests can ejoy wines, beer, and other mixed drinks.
- Centrally located in the vibrant Short North Arts District.
- Distinguished by its unique blend of modern décor and local art.
- Rooms offer exquisite comfort with high-end amenities.
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Pizzuti Collection.
- Luxury comes with a hefty price tag.
- Surrounding areas can be active and potentially noisy well into the night.
3. Hilton Columbus Downtown
Address: 402 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
The Hilton Columbus Downtown is known for its spacious, modern rooms and excellent location that, aside from being close to the Short North Arts District, connects directly to the Greater Columbus Convention Center via a skywalk, making it extremely desirable for professionals attending business conventions.
532 spacious rooms and 48 suites are decorated with contemporary design elements, modern art, and ergonomic work spaces, and feature well-lit, tile-covered bathrooms. Many also offer views of the Columbus skyline. Once settled into their spaces, guests can venture downstairs, past the establishment’s rooftop pool and well-equipped fitness center, and into the hotel’s celebrated Gallerie Bar & Bistro.
- Centrally located with easy access to city highlights.
- State-of-the-art fitness facilities and a rooftop swimming pool.
- High attention to detail and excellent service.
- No onsite parking, nearest options can be costly.
- High-traffic areas can be noisy at times.
- A higher price point than some surrounding accommodations.
Address: 350 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
Steel-framed glass windows offer a glimpse into the soaring skyline while the rustling leaves of nearby Scioto Mile Park invite guests to take strolls outside at the Hyatt Regency Columbus. Another popular accommodation choice thanks to its prime destination next to the Greater Columbus Destination Center, this hotel exudes a modern aesthetic with a spacious lobby featuring sleek furnishings and contemporary art installations, as well as many open, communal spaces where guests can either work or relax.
Amenities at this particular establishment are geared toward both relaxation and productivity, somewhat of a hint towards the hotel’s desired guest demographic. Visitors can find a fitness center and a stocked 24/7 business center, as well as the Market Stand Cafe for all three daily meals, and the Big Bar on 2 which provides a casual setting for cocktails while overlooking the city.
- Prime downtown location offering easy access to city attractions.
- Affiliated with Greater Columbus Convention Center for those balancing work and leisure.
- Limited family-friendly entertainment facilities within the hotel.
- Potential for noise disturbances from large events or conventions.
- Lack of high-end or luxe amenities.
- Limited on-site dining options.
Address: 310 S High St, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
An establishment designed and curated from history and luxury, The Westin Great Southern Columbus sets the stage for a journey steeped in Midwestern character. Known for its theater, ballroom, and historic architecture appeals to people seeking an upscale, luxurious experience. The hotel features Beaux-Arts architecture, which is apparent in its intricate exterior and grand interior designs.
Gilded moldings and elegant chandeliers decorate the lobby and give way to more understated, cream-colored hallways that culminate and the hotel’s various suites and rooms. Guests have access to a fitness center, business facilities for professionals, and the trademark Westin Heavenly Spa. Pets are also permitted at this Westin location.
- A rich combination of history and luxury.
- Unique Midwestern character.
- Gourmet dining and lounge experiences.
- May not be suitable for those seeking a modern minimalist aesthetic.
- Upmarket pricing reflective of the grand setting
Address: 3900 Chagrin Dr, Columbus, OH 43219, United States
Constructed in 2000, the Hilton Columbus at Easton is a 4-star, certified diamond luxury establishment with an impressive 345 rooms housed in stories. Impressive stone pillars, grounds, socialization rooms, and outdoor spaces dominate the space. Plus, a somewhat Southern mansion-styled exterior facade composed of brick and white-painted wood attracts sunlight and commands an impressive and delightful visual.
The Hilton Columbus at Easton is also home to the Easton Social, a chic restaurant and bar that offers a mix of classic American and international dishes. It is popular among guests, but also attracts a local crown, especially during Happy Hour. The hotel occupies a prime slice of real estate at the Easton Town Center, one of the Midwest’s premier shopping, dining, and entertainment destinations.
In addition to the Center, this establishment is within a short drive of downtown Columbus, where the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, the Center of Science and Industry, and the Columbus Museum of Art can be explored.
- Remarkable attention to detail with top-notch amenities.
- Beautiful grounds and interior design aesthetics.
- Convenient location, positioned at the heart of the city’s shopping and entertainment scene.
- The exceptional luxury comes with a hefty price tag.
- Multiple fine dining experiences at Herb N Kitchen and Easton Social.
Address: 3100 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202, United States
There’s an undeniable allure that the Marriott Columbus OSU holds and one that is especially attractive to those who enjoy the concept of mixing cosmopolitan comfort and Midwest charm. A tastefully modern interior lobby is seasoned with local elements like repurposed wood accents and art from nearby galleries.
As an homage to its name, the Marriot Columbus OSU is a prime choice for visiting parents, alumni, and prospective students who wish to explore or attend the Ohio State University campus. The Moda Restaurant and the M Club Lounge are on-site dining options at this hotel that provide full-service American cuisine, quick bites, evening appetizers, and a complimentary breakfast.
- Vibrant atmosphere fueled by Ohio State pride.
- Polished, contemporary interior.
- Commands a decent, mid-tier price tag that can appeal to various budgets.
- Not within walking distance of tourist-centric attractions.
- Limited services within the hotel itself.
- Some rooms lack full views due to the hotel’s unique design.
See Related: Best Hotels in Phoenix, Arizona
Address: 50 N 3rd St, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
This hotel’s chic, modern aesthetic and high-end service make it a standout choice in the downtown Columbus area. As a hotel recognized for its blend of budget-friendly luxury and convenience that caters to various types of travelers, the Renaissance Columbus Downtown is within walking distance of the Ohio Statehouse, the Columbus Museum of Art, and the Scioto Mile.
The districts of the Arena and the Short North Arts are also nearby, offering a range of entertainment options from sporting events to art galleries and more. The hotel is home to Latitude 41, a contemporary restaurant that serves a range of innovative dishes, as well as Bar 41 for lighter fare and cocktails in a stylish setting.
- High-end amenities in an environment steeped in localized charm.
- Tasteful dining experiences that showcase local cuisine.
- Located in the bustling downtown, so the city’s noise could be a problem for some.
- High demand can sometimes lead to a fully booked status.
Address: 33 E Nationwide Blvd, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
Gleaming glass panes reflect the heartbeat of Ohio’s capital city as you approach Sonesta Columbus Downtown. The design of the hotel features an interesting mix of traditional and contemporary aesthetics with dark wood accents and earthy tones that offer a warm ambiance. For balance, lighting fixtures, artistic elements, and clean lines create a sense of spaciousness and add a modern feel.
This hotel aims to serve the needs of both business and leisure travelers, with complimentary WiFi, workspaces, and large flat screens, with some rooms offering views of the city Skyline. There are also suites available for those traveling in larger groups, that feature expanded living spaces and other conveniences.
For exploring the area, guests will find themselves in proximity to the Ohio Theatre, the Palace Theatre, and the Columbus Commons Park. The Center of Science and Industry is close by which offers a fun-filled day for families.
- Central location provides easy access to Columbus’s bustling downtown.
- Delectable in-house meal options.
- Business-friendly amenities make it ideal for corporate travelers.
- Noise from the city center can be intrusive for light sleepers.
- Limited parking options could require additional planning.
10. The Junto
Address: 77 Belle St, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
The Junto in Columbus, Ohio, stands out for its unique boutique experience and forward-thinking ideas behind the design and overall purpose of the hotel. Self-described as a destination for creative travelers, locals, and entrepreneurs, the Junto is an ‘independent lifestyle hotel’ where groups and individuals can come to collaborate, work together, and talk about current issues.
There are a lot of elegant, comfortable, and generally useful amenities at The Junto–plaid-carpeted communal seating areas, an 8th-floor rooftop bar, patios with outdoor plush seating and fireplaces, and other convivial features. The rooms at The Junto feature great views are decorated with custom furniture and luxe fabrics, and do not run short of modern amenities. There is also a fully-equipped fitness center, full-service spa, and a concierge service to help guests explore Columbus like the locals who live there.
- Modern modus operandi with exciting potential, due to it’s relatively short lifespan.
- Infused with an intimate, charismatic atmosphere.
- Seamless blend of charm and new-age sophistication.
- The intense character might be overwhelming for some.
- Limited neutral zones for travelers seeking less embellished, more minimalist accommodation choices.
11. The Timbrook Guesthouse: A Unique Luxury Inn
Address: 5811 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43235, United States
Tucked away from the business of life in Columbus, The Timbrook Guesthouse offers guests a blend of rustic elegance in a Colonial-style building, inside which can be found an intimate bed-and-breakfast accommodation experience. The grounds are gorgeous, with Oak trees surrounding the manor which rests on a hill, making it a perfect retreat for people searching for a serene escape. Dark wood elements, ornate chandeliers, and other artisanal touches decorate the interior of the house, as do plenty of traditional wallpapers
Guest rooms at the Timbrook Guesthouse are loaded with rustic yet elegant furniture, plush linens, and fireplaces. Many of the rooms also feature flaw-foot tubs, fireplaces, and balconies which overlook the picturesque gardens that surround the property.
The grounds also include a picturesque library, serving as a perfect spot for guests looking to unwind with a cup of tea or coffee. While the hotel does not feature an on-site restaurant, they do offer a complimentary breakfast that emanates hospitality with seasonal fruits, homemade pastries, and plenty of hot breakfast items.
- An elegant combination of historic charm with modern comforts
- Offers opportunities for relaxation amidst nature.
- Provides personalized and warm customer service.
- An exotic selection of rooms with unique character.
- Located off the beaten path from downtown Columbus–guests may need transportation to reach attractions.
- No elevator access, which may be difficult for those with mobility constraints.
- Rustic, old-world style may not be as attractive to all visitors.
Address: 77 E Nationwide Blvd, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
This stylish urban luxury stands tall against a number of other highrises dotting the Columbus skyline. The Canopy By Hilton Columbus Downtown Short North offers a vibrant, modern atmosphere that is as eclectic as the corner of the neighborhood it’s located in. Popular among younger professionals and tourists who are looking for a contemporary and modern place to stay–and complete with local cultural influences and top-notch amenities–this Hilton establishment is certainly an exciting accommodation choice.
Among the various quirks and features of the Canopy by Hilton are a 24-hour fitness center, free bicycle rentals, and a transfer service within a two-mile radius. Business travelers can also make use of a business center and several meeting rooms, while both enjoy the hotel’s rooftop lounge where panoramic views of the city can be found.
- Centrally located with access to downtown attractions.
- Luxurious rooms with modern and efficient amenities.
- Unique and creative food and drinks at the in-house restaurant and rooftop bar.
- Parking comes at an extra cost.
- Weekend nights can be noisy due to the popular surrounding area.
- Some rooms lack views.
Address: 88 E Nationwide Blvd, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
The convenient location and excellent value are what sets apart the Drury Inn & Suites Columbus by the Convention Center from many of the other accommodation giants in the area. Positioned just next to the Greater Columbus Convention Center, hence the name, the hotel is popular among families, business travelers, con attendees, and anyone who wishes to be located in the downtown area. The hotel also has a reputation for friendly service and some signature extras, like complimentary hot breakfasts and evening snacks.
- Covetable location within minutes of downtown Columbus’ prime attractions.
- Complimentary evening drinks and hot food.
- Excellent, attentive service.
- Can become busy and occasionally noisy due to its proximity to the Convention Center.
- Limited on-site dining options.
14. The Blackwell Inn & Pfahl Conference Center
Address: 2110 Tuttle Park Pl, Columbus, OH 43210, United States
Welcoming you through its polished doors is the Blackwell Inn & Pfahl Conference Center, a premiere boutique hotel situated on the campus of Ohio State University. It is an optimal choice for people attending university-related activities, and visiting professors, alumni, and families. The hotel’s interior and exterior are defined by modern aesthetic elements, such as glass, steel, and natural wood.
Intentionally incorporated into the design are touches of the Ohio State University spirit to offer guests a connection to the academic community. The hotel offers a well-stocked fitness center, on-site parking, and a business center that has been equipped to meet the needs of academic and professional travelers alike. Guests can explore the breakfast, lunch, and dinner options made available at Bistro 2110, the hotel’s on-site restaurant, which accommodates menus of both casual and fine status.
- Proximity to Ohio State University allows for a stirring blend of youthful energy and academic prestige.
- On-site gourmet dining at Bistro 2110 offers quality and convenience.
- State-of-the-art Pfahl Conference Center perfect for business travelers.
- Rooms facing the university might be occasionally noisy due to student activities.
- The on-site parking comes with an additional charge.
- Does not come with an indoor or outdoor pool.
15. Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Address: 8700 Lyra Dr, Columbus, OH 43240, United States
The Hilton Columbus/Polaris is an elegantly unassuming, hotel of brick and sandstone that offers a contemporary ambiance, featuring a taste mix of marble, glass, and chrome upon entering the lobby. The hotel features spacious rooms decked with modern and convenient amenities, just as you’d expect from the Hilton brand–but this establishment’s main desirable quality, as nice as it may be, is actually its location.
The hotel is situated in the Polaris Center of Commerce, making it convenient for professional travelers who have business in the area. It is also a 2-minute walk from the Polaris Fashion Place Mall, offering easy access to over 200 shopping and dining options. For visitors interested in outdoor activities, Alum Creek State Park is a short drive away, offering opportunities for hiking, boating, and fishing.
- Luxurious, modern aesthetics paralleled.
- A diverse culinary scene at the Gemini Grille and the Bar & Patio.
- The surrounding area, while vibrant, can be busy.
- A steep price tag given the amount of amenities provided.
Address: 750 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215, United States
Located directly in the Short North Arts District, the Graduate Columbus is a unique, highly cultural, and somewhat eclectic accommodation experience that is primarily designed for parents visiting students, alumni, and anyone else seeking a not-so-traditional stay. It sports a highly college-themed interior design model and gives off a youthful energy, capturing the city’s vibrant artistic and academic culture.
As soon as you enter into the lobby, you’re greeted by a mix of vintage and modern furnishings, school memorabilia, and an array of quirky, scholarly-themed artwork and plaid carpeting in the Ohio State University color scheme. Rooms are a mixture of comfort and style with custom-designed furniture, collegiate decor, and modern amenities.
- Situated in the bustling heart of Columbus.
- Designed by renowned architect Peter Ellis.
- Amiable staff.
- Limited parking space—early booking of parking slots is advised.
- Can be a bit crowded during peak vacation periods.
- Lack of dining options on-site, aside from Poindexter Coffee, which serves as a cafe and a restaurant by night.
Address: 2700 Corporate Exchange Dr, Columbus, OH 43231, United States
Another budget-friendly accommodation from the Hilton brand, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus is a reliable, family-friendly choice for travelers looking for plenty of space and a range of amenities. The hotel offers made-to-order hot breakfasts and a number of comfortable and convenient features in the guest rooms make this establishment desirable for any traveler, as does its location.
A large, multi-story interior lobby is attractive and functional, while the rooftop pool up top serves as a nice place to relax in the summertime. It is also well-situated for travelers who desire easy highway access or for those attending events at the nearby Ohio Expo Center.
- Premium accommodation with spacious rooms and high-quality amenities.
- Complimentary, cooked-to-order breakfasts.
- Located close to many of Columbus’ best attractions.
- The urban location, although convenient, might lack the charm of Columbus’s more quaint setups.