Located in the northeastern corner of Florida, Jacksonville is a testament to the diversity, charm, and attractiveness of the Sunshine State, housing many of Florida’s best attractions and beaches. With its sprawling land area, the city holds a unique status as the entire country’s largest contiguous, continental city with approximately 875 square miles of land mass. However, Jacksonville’s appeal goes much further than just its size.
Jacksonville is a city of contrasts, from urban areas bustling with activity, including business districts and shopping hubs, to coastal regions offering serene, warm beaches and natural parks for people traveling for outdoor experiences. The city also has a remarkable historical maritime past, as well as plenty of local galleries, music spots, and theaters for enjoyers of culture and the fine arts.
Finding the right place to stay can be a big part of any trip, and Jacksonville offers many accommodations. Some may prefer more luxurious hotels, while large groups and families may want to stay in a hotel that prioritizes involvement, convenience, or kid-friendly environments. Fortunately, Jacksonville has them all–and more!
Best Hotels in Jacksonville, Florida
Address: 245 Water St, Jacksonville, FL 32202, United States
The Marriott Jacksonville Downtown is a hotel that presents a modern facade, easily and seamlessly blending with the city’s urban skyline. Expansive glass windows and muted colors accentuate the warmth and brightness of the Floridian sun, as does the muted color palette found within. The hotel’s lobby and other interior spaces embrace a polished and refined look with elegant lighting fixtures, open-concept lounges, and furnishings fit for travelers of any type.
A range of standard features and amenities can be found at the Mariott Jacksonville Downtown, which includes an outdoor pool, fitness center, various business facilities, and complimentary concierge services. The hotel also offers two dining experiences for its guests: Bistro 202, serving hearty breakfasts in the morning and dinner and cocktails in the evening, as well as the M Lounge for light bites and casual gatherings with a glass of wine or beer.
- Prime downtown location.
- State-of-the-art fitness center.
- Rush hour traffic may impact accessibility from and to the airport.
- Lack of extensive dining options.
See Related: 10 Best Kid Friendly Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Address: 225 E Coastline Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32202, United States
A 19-story, glass-windowed tower mirroring overlooks the St. Johns River: welcome to the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. This hotel boasts a modern design with an emphasis on the large, mirror-like windows that make up the facade, allowing guests to enjoy panoramic river views.
The well-lit rooms are furnished with modern amenities and offer plenty of space, catering to both leisure and professional travelers. Some of the standout features of this Hyatt Regency location are the one-of-a-kind heated rooftop pool and the 116,000 square footage of event space that caters to corporate meetings and grand weddings alike.
Also present at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront are a number of dining options, such as Morton’s The Steakhouse, an upscale dining establishment known for its fresh seafood, great stakes, and expansive wine selection. Also available is the Market for on-the-go sandwiches and beverages as well as the River Terrace Lounge, situated by the river and providing a relaxed atmosphere where cocktails and light snacks can be found.
- Convenient location with impressive city and river views.
- Plush and comfortable accommodations.
- Rooftop pool providing a serene escape.
- Busy, which might not appeal to those seeking quieter retreats.
- Pricing can be considered steep for budget travelers.
Address: 4742 Town Center Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL 32246, United States
A clean, comfortable, and spacious lobby welcomes guests as they enter the Hyatt Place Jacksonville / St. Johns Town Center Hotel. Yet another fine accommodation from the Hyatt Place brand, the overall aesthetic is one that can be characterized as muted, sleek, and minimalist, with pops of color from artistic decor elements that give the space an inviting vibe.
There are plenty of amenities at this Hyatt Place location, including an outdoor pool, a continuously open business center, various meeting spaces, free Wi-Fi, and a fitness center, as well as two dining options for travelers with diverse tastes. The 24/7 Gallery Menu, true to its name, is an eatery that offers dishes around the clock and features an array of appetizers, sandwiches, and entrees. For more standard operating hours, guests can enjoy morning coffee or evening drinks at the Coffee to Cocktails Bar.
- A nice balance between convenience, luxury, and modern aesthetics.
- 24/7 dining options.
- An outdoor pool to enjoy the Floridian sun in.
- The modern aesthetic may feel impersonal to some.
- Does not boast any fine dining experiences, unlike many hotels.
Address: 9300 Baymeadows Rd, Jacksonville, Florida 32256, United States
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Baymeadows offers a reliable and luxurious accommodation experience in the heart of Florida. Classic design aesthetics and contemporary decorative elements, from the hotel’s event halls to each individual room, combines understated elegance with a welcome ambiance that is accentuated by some of the establishment’s complimentary dining options. These include the free, cooked-to-order breakfasts as well as the complimentary evening reception, a highlight of the Embassy Suites brand, which offers guests free drinks and snacks in the evening and an opportunity to relax and socialize.
- Spacious suites with modern amenities.
- Warm, hospitable service.
- Complimentary Breakfast and Evening Reception.
- Convenient location with free parking that is only 20 minutes from the beach.
- Often bustling, possibly overcrowded.
- In-room décor can feel somewhat dated.
- Distance from beach locations.
Address: 1 Ocean Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233, United States
Just off the water of the Atlantic Ocean sits the One Ocean Resort & Spa, an excellent resort and accommodation experience crafted perfectly into Florida’s vibrant coastline. Each suite is thoughtfully designed with custom furnishings and a palette drawn from the sea’s spectrum, with a host of themed art pieces, colors, and furnishings.
The resort’s signature restaurant, Azurea, offers guests a unique oceanfront dining experience with a menu that focuses on fresh, local ingredients and emphasizes contemporary American cuisine with a touch of European flair. The restaurant also boasts a number of specialty beers, wines, and other drinks. Guests can also get their beverage fix from the Lobby Bar, a chic and relaxed spot to enjoy handcrafted cocktails and converse with friends.
- All rooms overlook the ocean, offering breathtaking vistas.
- On-site Azurea restaurant serves an array of international cuisines.
- Property offers a high-end spa experience.
- Located a little in isolation, so city-centric travelers may feel disconnected.
- Premium amenities come with an above-average price tag.
- Busy season often means crowded beaches.
Address: 1201 Riverplace Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32207, United States
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Jacksonville Riverfront, provides guests with a luxurious accommodation experience without the price tag that some may associate with a hotel of its class and repertoire. Its facade, characterized by expansive glass windows, captures fine views of the St. Johns River and allows plenty of sunlight to emphasize the modern, sleek, earth-toned aesthetics of the hotel’s interior.
The hotel provided a range of accommodations, from standard rooms to more luxe suites–some of which provide panoramic views of the river or the vibrant city skyline. Each room is decorated with a nod to contemporary comfort, equipped with plush bedding, modern bathrooms, and other convenient amenities.
The features of this hotel don’t just stop with the amenities in the rooms, though–access Ruth’s Chris Steak House, an upscale dining institution renowned for its signature steaks and proving a dining experience that is nicely complemented by riverfront views. St. John’s Provision Co. also serves as a casual eater that offers local produce and American classics infused with Southern flavors throughout the day.
- Prime location with proximity to the city’s attractions and direct Riverwalk access.
- Complimentary signature DoubleTree cookies.
- Serene riverfront views right from the comfort of your hotel room.
- The on-site restaurant, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, is known for its premium dining.
- Parking charges apply and can add to costs.
- Some rooms are relatively smaller, which could be a concern for larger families.
- Lack of a unique indoor recreational area for kids.
Address: 1201 Kings Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32207, United States
In the heart of the Southbank district of Jacksonville is the Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Downtown Southbank, a hotel that provides guests with a quieter, yet culturally rich experience, thanks to its proximity to many of the city’s attractions. These include the vibrant San Marco district, known for its eclectic dining and shopping options, St. John’s Riverwalk, the Museum of Science and History, and Friendship Fountain.
The large rooms and suites range from smaller, standard accommodations to stays that feature more expansive living spaces, work desks, sofas, and ergonomic furniture. This hotel also offers two different eating experiences–the Garden Grille & Bar, serving breakfast and dinner in a classic American format, and the Pavillion Pantry, which is ideal for on-the-go snacks and last-minute needs.
- Prime location with spectacular views of St. Johns River.
- Convenient access to cultural landmarks.
- Rooftop pool and onsite dining facilities.
- Parking can be crowded on weekends.
- Suitable for adults, less engaging for younger children.
- Decor leans towards tradition and could benefit from a minor makeover.
Address: 4812 W Deer Lake Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32246, United States
Tapestry Park pulsates with a sleek, urban rhythm and features clean lines, vibrant colors, and the buzz of connectivity as tech-savvy travelers relax in the lobby and enjoy the complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi. This modern branch of the W Hotels Brand is unapologetically modern, from concrete slab floors, bright color schemes, and floor-to-ceiling windows that bring life to the techno-industrial interior. These innovative hotels are not for everyone but certainly appeal to business travelers, technology enthusiasts and, generally speaking, the younger generation.
Aloft offers stylishly urban rooms and suites with open floor plans that are characterized by plush platform beds, bold colors, and modern amenities that are tailored to modern travelers–such as plug-and-play charging and docking stations, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, and ergonomic workspaces. The hotel’s eating and drinking options reflect Aloft’s somewhat forward-thinking approach, too, with the WXYZ Bar and Re:Fuel by Aloft serving as excellent options for cocktails, casual meet-ups, and snacks.
- Contemporary design appealing to modern travelers.
- Convenient location within a multi-faceted cultural hub.
- State-of-the-art tech enhancements in rooms and communal areas.
- The ultra-modern design may feel impersonal for some.
- Can be noisy during events or peak times.
- Some may find the tech-forward approach overwhelming.
Address: 10573 Brightman Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32246, United States
A budget-friendly, casual accommodation experience can be found at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Jacksonville’s Town Center. This hotel displays a contemporary design that is well-known and reflective of the brand’s commitment to functionality and simplicity. The rooms at this Holiday Inn Express & Suites are spacious and well-lit and prioritize work and convenience with comfortable, simple bedding, a work desk, mini-refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers.
To make mornings easy for on-the-go travelers, the hotel offers an expansive, buffet-style complimentary breakfast that features both hot and cold options. An outdoor pool, a 24/7 fitness center, and a number of business centers are also available, catering to business professionals and travelers in need of printing or faxing services. Complimentary Wi-Fi is also available in all rooms across the hotel.
- Convenient location near Jacksonville Town Center’s shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Complimentary breakfast to start your day right.
- Modern-styled, soundproofed rooms delivering exceptional comfort.
- Limited parking availability during peak hours.
- No in-house restaurant or bar for those late-night cravings.
Address: 9840 Tapestry Park Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32246, United States
Guests can find a refreshing combination of modern aesthetics and classic accommodation hospitality at Hotel Indigo Jacksonville-Deerwork Park. Featuring chic designs, vibrant colors, and artistic touches throughout the suites and halls, the property is a visual delight that reflects the IHG brand’s inspiration for boutique-inspired environments.
Each room at the Hotel Indigo is decorated with distinct furnishings, many of which are particular to the specific space they’re found in, and plenty of popping colors. Suites are equipped with comfortable bedding, hardwood floors, large windows that flood the space with natural night, and artwork inspired by Jacksonville’s cultural scenes.
Situated in the upscale Deerwood Park area, the hotel is surrounded by a serene lake and walking paths that are lined with century-old oak trees. It’s quite close to attractions like St. Johns Town Center as well as the Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens for lovers of nature.
- Location in the heart of Jacksonville offers an immersive experience.
- Art-filled interiors reflect the vibrant local culture.
- Wide range of amenities including a top-notch restaurant, 98Forty Tapas & Tequila, and a sparkling pool.
- The bustling street-side location could be too noisy for some.
- Limited parking availability.
See Related: Best Bars In Chinatown New York
Address: 14402 Old St Augustine Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32258, United States
This contemporary-styled hotel, The Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Flager Center, combines the brand’s signature design elements with hints of Jacksonville’s coastal charm. A budget-friendly and relatively simplistic accommodation that features an outdoor pool, fitness center, and various business facilities. The hotel’s main feature, however, is its proximity to major tourist destinations such as the Flagler Center and Latitude 30.
Guests can also explore various businesses and attractions like the St. Augustine Outlets, and the World Golf Hall of Fame, or take a short drive to Jacksonville’s beaches–just 20 minutes away.
- Modern aesthetics blending with warm Floridian charm.
- Tech-accommodating rooms with plush comfort.
- On-site Bistro with an adept portrayal of local flavors.
- Close proximity to I-95 makes it easy to travel to and from.
- Proximity to the hubbub may not cater to those seeking utter tranquillity.
- The fitness center could be crowded during peak hours.
- Limited dining options.
Address: 4750 Amelia Island Pkwy, Amelia Island, FL 32034, United States
One of the many world-renowned locations of this Marriott International brand, the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island hotel is set against the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean and seamlessly combines the natural coastal beauty of Northern Florida with numerous flavors of luxury. With terraced grounds and various vantage points, the hotel provides unparalleled views of the ocean and its beaches.
Guests are treated to fine rooms that are decorated with rich woods, coastal decor, and plenty of amenities–some of which include sweeping balcony views of the ocean. The hotel is known for much more than just the 5-star level of refinement found in each of its rooms and suites, however: Salt, an AAA Five Diamond restaurant, offers an excellent dining experience inspired by ocean flavors and using many local ingredients. The secondary restaurant, Coast, provides an oceanfront dining experience, while The Pub is a genuine rendition of the pub experience, and serves a range of crafted brews and classic American dishes.
- Panoramic ocean views.
- Award-winning dining options.
- A full-service spa offering bespoke treatments.
- Proximity to historic downtown Fernandina Beach.
- Extremely high-end pricing that reflects the premium experience.
- Can be crowded during peak holiday seasons.
- More isolated compared to other accommodations within Jacksonville’s city hub.
Address: 715 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
As visitors step foot into the Margaritaville Beach Hotel, an establishment known for providing guests with a slice of the island life in the heart of Pensacola Beach, a strong surf-side aesthetic meets the eye. Popping blue colors, maritime decor, light wooden accents, and themed upholstery cover the lobbies, suites, and rooms from floor to ceiling. With its iconic brand, guests can expect a blend of relaxation, entertainment, and the signature Margaritaville ethos of fun.
Many of the hotel’s rooms offer balconies or patios with panoramic views of the Gulf or the bay and come fitted with modern conveniences–such as flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi, and minibars–to ensure that guests have everything they need. Once guests are finished cleaning up from a day at the beach, two of the hotel’s signature restaurants await downstairs–Frank & Lola Love Pensacola Cafe, offering a diverse menu that includes everything from fresh seafood to classic American fare, and the LandShark Landing Beach Bar, a perfect location for drinks by the beach, cocktails, and live music.
- Panoramic oceanfront views from rooms.
- Centrally located with easy access to downtown Jacksonville.
- Occasionally overcrowded during peak season.
- Rooms closer to the bar areas can be a bit noisy at weekends.
Address: 1515 Prudential Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32207, United States
The Southbank Hotel Jacksonville Riverwalk is situated in a desirable location just off of St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville. The facade of the establishment features modern architecture with expansive windows, allowing visitors to soak in the views, while the interiors are reminiscent of the city’s rich maritime history, displaying nautical-themed decor and art pieces.
Guests can choose from a variety of room options, ranging from standard rooms to expansive suites, each featuring an elegantly decorated aesthetic and ergonomic workspaces, plenty of modern conveniences, and rooms with balconies that provide scenes of the river down below. There are two dining options on-site: the River’s Edge Cafe and the Riverview Lounge, perfect for waterfront dining with views of the river and a selection of cocktails, wines, and light bites, respectively.
- Stunning riverside views, offering a picturesque backdrop to Jacksonville’s skyline.
- Access to an array of nearby attractions, balancing both city-life entertainment and natural beauty.
- Luxurious, well-appointed rooms.
- Traffic noise can be noticeable due to its central location.
- Some of the more budget-friendly rooms could use a makeover.
Address: 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, United States
A sleek, warm, and inviting establishment, the Sheraton Jacksonville Hotel balances modern luxury and convenience with a reasonable price tag. Its location is ideal for exploring many of Northeastern Florida’s most notable destinations, such as Deerword Park, various golf courses, Jacksonville’s beaches and downtown area, and the University of North Florida.
Sheraton Sleep Experience beds and plush bedding are the centerpieces of comfort for the hotel’s many rooms and suites, with each guest pod reflecting the brand’s commitment to calm, but comfortable luxury through fine fabrics, muted colors, expansive living space, and views of the nearby Deerwood Park in some rooms. Guests can try dynamic meals at the hotel’s on-site restaurant, the Bold City Grill, or take a dip in the heated pool after an exercise routine in the establishment’s 24/7 fitness center.
- Indoor heated pool with a well-equipped gym for fitness enthusiasts.
- The Bistro offers mouthwatering fusion dishes.
- Dog-friendly policy.
- Located on the outskirts–transportation may require planning.
- In-room amenities like coffee makers can be fiddly and need an upgrade.
- Occasional slow room service, particularly during peak time.
Address: 9745 Gate Pkwy N, Jacksonville, FL 32246, United States
Sometimes, a simple yet refined accommodation experience is all that’s needed to make a vacation experience just right. This Hilton Garden Inn location in Deerwood Park does just that. Displaying modern architecture with a touch of classic charm in the hotel’s brick and glass facade, the exterior gives way to the airy design and vibrant color palettes of the lobby and interior areas.
Common areas, just off of the main lobby, are spacious and well-accentuated with comfortable furnishings and decorative fixtures. Featured amenities at this hotel include the Garden Grille & Bar, the Pavillion Pantry, as well as the outdoor pool, fitness center, and 24-hour business center for those needing to get in some extra work after-hours. Lastly, the hotel’s location provides convenient access to the beaches, downtown attractions, the University of North Florida, and Deerwood Park itself.
- Plenty of amenities including a fitness center, pool, and in-house dining for a self-contained retreat.
- Accessible location, a stone’s throw from city highlights and enchanting nature trails.
- Suburban location may limit exposure to Jacksonville’s downtown nightlife.
- High occupancy may make last-minute reservations a challenge.
Address: 39 Beach Lagoon Rd, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034, United States
In the sun-soaked region of Florida’s First Coast, the Omni Amelia Island Resort stakes a claim in the sand, with over 400 oceanfront guest rooms and suites providing captivating views of the Atlantic Ocean and the lush Florida greenery nearby. Each accommodation unit provides guests with comfortable bedding, modern bathrooms, and a private balcony or patio that allows visitors to take in the views outside.
The overall aesthetic of the Omni Amelia Island Resort can be described as clean, warm, welcoming, and peaceful. Quilted patterns decorate beds beneath ocean-blue runners, wood cabinets, creamy leather ottomans, and beige walls that provide a sense of relaxation and refined unassuming luxury.
There are several features and amenities at this Omni location, perhaps the most important of which is the direct access to 3.5 miles of private beach. There is also a spa and salon, 23-Har-Tru Tennis courts, nature programs and kids camps, and a sprawling multi-tiered pool deck that includes an adults-only infinity pool.
Oh, and there are also two championship golf courses designed by Pete Dye and Bobby Weed. The luxury doesn’t just end there, though–the hotel is also known for its smattering of top-tier eateries, which include Oceanside, Bob’s Steak & Chop House, Verandah, Falcon’s Nest, and Seaglass.
- Stunning beachfront location.
- Stellar dining options.
- Multitudes of recreational activities including golf, paddleboarding, and tennis.
- Elegant, chic accommodation options.
- Service may be sluggish during high occupancy.
- Some amenities may incur additional charges.
- Rainy season could put a dampener on beach activities.
Address: 2101 Dixie Clipper Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32218, United States
This Hilton Hotel brand, DoubleTree, prides itself in providing a modern and welcoming accommodation experience that is tailored to providing efficiency and comfort, making it a desirable hotel for both business travelers and vacationers. The lobby and common areas are decorated with contemporary furnishings, while subtle aesthetic choices reflect the coastal vibes of Jacksonville.
Rooms feature workspaces, high-speed WiFi, comfortable bedding, and all the other amenities you’d expect from a functional, stylish accommodation of its class. The Frequency Restaurant and Frequency Lounge also provide affordable–but tasty–choices to enjoy various American dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as cocktails and soft drinks in the evening.
- Close proximity to the airport and city attractions.
- Warm, consummately professional staff.
- Limited on-site entertainment options.
- Some may find the décor a bit dated.
- Fluctuating Wi-Fi connectivity in select areas.
Address: 13950 Village Lake Cir, Jacksonville, FL 32258
Neutral color palettes with occasional vibrant accents, tasteful decor, and contemporary aesthetics mark this hotel–the Hampton Inn & Suites of Jacksonville South near Bartram Park–another worthy successor to the signature Hampton style. At this hotel, guests can choose from spacious suites or standard-sized rooms, with each accommodation featuring decor that is understated–but certainly nice–and all of the modern amenities that cater to a variety of travelers. The hotel also offers a daily complimentary breakfast that includes a mix of hot and cold items and an on-site snack shop stocked with quick bites, drinks, and travel essentials.
- Complimentary breakfast.
- A budget-friendly price tag.
- Not situated in the heart of bustling downtown Jacksonville.
- Lack of distinct local character inside the hotel.
- Limited array of eateries within walking distance.