San Jose, California, is a city that is a fusion of historic charm and modern innovation. From its bustling markets to each of its many serene parks, the city offers a wide range of experiences that reflect its diverse historical and cultural background. Succulent flavors mingle with misty Pacific air as roosters crow, and the sun begins to rise on various farmers’ markets. Closer to the downtown area, San Jose bustles with activity, from entrepreneurs and businessmen to leisure travelers who all want a part of the Capital of Silicon Valley.
One of the many aspects of San Jose that make it such a captivating city–already known for its cultural diversity, innovation, affluence, and mild Mediterranean climate–are the hotels it boasts. At the center of this city lies its accommodations–ranging from luxurious boutique-style hotels to quaint inns, each provides an excellent launchpad from which to explore San Jose and all that it has to offer.
|Hotel Valencia Santana Row
|355 Santana Row, San Jose
|The Westin San Jose
|302 S Market St, San Jose
|AC Hotel by Marriott San Jose
|350 W Santa Clara St, San Jose
|100 E Santa Clara St, San Jose
|Hotel De Anza
|233 W Santa Clara St, San Jose
See Related: San Jose
Best Hotels in San Jose, California
Hayes Mansion San Jose, Curio Collection by Hilton
Step through time into the ivy-draped embrace of this 19th-century wonder, a fleeting refuge in the heart of Silicon Valley. Every inch of the mansion provides a glimpse into what used to be San Jose in its essence, embodying the Spanish Colonial Revival charm that is the Hayes Mansion. Marble fireplaces, patriarchal wooden desks, and ornate stained glass windows rest near archways and late Victorian-era mantles. The property is sprawled over 20 acres of lush foliage and manicured lawns and features sophisticated rooms that each tell their own story, thanks to the uniqueness of each room’s layout.
- Abundant historic charm fused with contemporary amenities.
- Located close to downtown San Jose and tech business parks.
- Diverse in-house dining and wellness facilities.
- Some might find the traditional decor outdated.
- Distance from the city center could pose transportation issues for some.
Address: 200 Edenvale Ave, San Jose, CA 95136, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Boston, Massachusetts
Hotel Valencia Santana Row
Step into the realm of elegance and crisp modernity that is the Hotel Valencia Santana Row. Located in the heart of San Jose’s enticing shop-and-dine district, this high-rise haven draws in travelers with its charm and medley of contemporary luxury in the middle of urban activity. Its prime location offers guests immediate access to upscale shopping, fine dining, and various entertainment options, all within the stretch of the dynamic Santana Row–its namesake.
The hotel features an aesthetic that is best described as a combination of Spanish colonial influence and modern design elements, as is evident from the earth-toned walls, terracotta roofs, and ornate ironwork. Once inside, visitors are welcomed into rooms marked by intricate patterns and plenty of modern amenities. The open courtyard, accentuated by a water feature and cozy seating arrangements, is a nice touch.
- Vibrant location in the middle of a shopping and dining district.
- Beautifully appointed rooms, offering modern luxury.
- Top-notch rooftop bar VBar, features panoramic city views.
- Exceptional dining options at Oveja Negra.
- Can be noisy, especially at night, due to the lively neighborhood that surrounds it.
- Lacks some customary amenities like a fitness center.
- Limited parking options.
Address: 355 Santana Row, San Jose, CA 95128, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in El Paso, Texas
San Jose Marriott
The San Jose Marriott, located in downtown San Jose, offers a fine accommodation experience for guests of any kind but certainly caters to the needs of professional travelers with its sleek modernism, elegant seating areas, and direct connection to the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. The outdoor pool, fitness center, and various business services–such as a center for printing, faxing, WiFi connectivity, and other essential services–make this hotel a go-to choice for many businesspeople.
However, this Marriott location has more to offer than just the excellent proximate location to major technological institutions, conference centers, and downtown attractions. It also features Arcadia, a restaurant managed by acclaimed chef Michael Minia, which provides a modern American steakhouse menu that is both innovative and delicious. The Corner Market Kitchen provides sandwiches, salads, and other snacks for people on the go, while guests can also relax at the Tanq Bar, which serves as a trendy lounge with its illuminated onyx bar and outdoor patio.
- Prime location in the city center.
- High-end rooms and amenities, including an outdoor pool, sky-view gym, and spacious conference rooms.
- Excellent in-house dining options with diverse and locally sourced menus.
- Depending on the season, rooms can be on the pricier side.
- Bookings during tech conferences and significant events fill up quickly: advanced planning is required.
- Limited parking space, which can be expensive.
Address: 301 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95113, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Austin, Texas
The Westin San Jose
The Westin San Jose is an accommodation that is set in a beautifully restored Beaux-Arts gem once known as the Sainte Clair Hotel. A provocative blend of history and innovation with rich furnishings and avant-garde design features, this hotel excellently retains its early 20th-century grandeur, characterized by ornate detailing and stately architecture. As guests step inside, they are greeted with an expansive lobby that holds true to its character, complete with glass chandeliers, high ceilings, and a fine vintage aesthetic.
An upscale Italian restaurant, Il Fornaio San Jose, offers authentic and award-winning cuisine, with a diverse menu ranging from fresh pasta to wood-fired pizzas and a wide selection of wines. The Lounge, suitable for a quiet drink or light meal, also provides a nice hideaway for guests looking to hold an informal meeting with a cocktail or two.
- Classic meets contemporary design, brimming with charm.
- Comfortable luxe accommodations with top-end amenities.
- Prime location for city exploration.
- Limited on-site parking.
- No complimentary breakfast offerings.
- Can be relatively pricey depending on the time of year.
Address: 302 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95113, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Denver, Colorado
Hilton San Jose
Directly in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Hilton San Jose touches the city skyline and provides an accommodation experience streamlined with contemporary style, marble touches, modern lighting fixtures as standard in each room, and amenities that are equally attractive to pleasure and business travelers.
Sporting this modern aesthetic, the facade of the hotel boasts sleek lines and large windows that combine functionality with elegance, lighting the interior of the Hilton’s lobby–adorned with minimalist furniture and modern art–while providing views of the Valley outside.
- Perfectly accessible location in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Comfortable, well-furnished rooms with panoramic city views.
- On-site amenities like a fitness center, a swimming pool, and a business center.
- In-house restaurant serving a variety of regional and global cuisines.
- Parking can be pricey.
- No complimentary breakfasts for standard room reservations.
Address: 300 Almaden Blvd, San Jose, CA 95110, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Columbus, Ohio
Signia by Hilton San Jose
The Signia by Hilton San Jose is a towering sandstone structure that is located in Silicon Valley–yet another hotel within perfect reach of many of the event centers and technological destinations in the South Bay. Stepping through the doors, guests are greeted by gleaming marble, glass-and-brass railings, and modern chic aesthetics. Each of the hotel’s rooms and suites is bathed in plenty of California sun, illuminating the warm, modern interior design elements of each room.
Aside from the well-polished aesthetic of the Signia by Hilton San Jose, the hotel boasts another feature–or, should I say, a set of features–that makes it an extremely desirable choice for many guests. The hotel offers 5 restaurants, ranging from vegetable-forward, vegetarian options to steakhouses and international cuisines. Guests can enjoy Japanese and Peruvian dishes at the AJI Bar & Robata, snacks and coffee at Market 170, steaks and chops at The Grill on the Alley, French-inspired breakfasts at the Fountain Restuarant, or cocktails at The Pool Bar.
- High-end amenities
- On-site world-class dining.
- An excellent, highly-accessible location.
- Rooms feature panoramic city views.
- Pet-friendly accommodations.
- Parking can be expensive.
- Pricing is on the higher end for the level of luxurious amenities offered.
Address: 170 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95113, United States
See Related: The Best Resorts in Key West for Families
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose
Positioned less than a mile from the Mineta San Jose International Airport, the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose is conveniently located for travelers and offers easy access to downtown San Jose as well as Silicon Valley. The hotel showcases a modern architectural style with large windows that allow plenty of natural light, though it does somewhat resemble–at least externally–some pod-style hotels due to the tall facade with symmetrical, chairless balconies.
With over 48,000 square feet of meeting space, this accommodation is equipped to handle business conferences, weddings, and other large gatherings, making it a desirable choice for business travelers. The ample space is only solidified as a desirable trait by professionals when paired with a 24-hour fitness center and pool, large economic workspaces in most rooms, and a snack bar.
- A 3-minute drive from San Jose International Airport.
- Cuisine inspired by local fare and international delicacies.
- Stunning views from rooms stretching to the pulse of downtown San Jose.
- A warm, tasty cookie upon check-in.
- Proximity to the airport may lead to noise disturbances for light sleepers.
- Not the most luxurious stay.
Address: 2050 Gateway Pl, San Jose, CA 95110, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Jacksonville, Florida
Hotel De Anza – Destination by Hyatt
This art deco gem, dripping with 1930s aesthetics, seems somehow at home amid the modern city flux and the Silicon Valley rush. Constructed in 1931, the Hotel De Anza is a beacon of Art Deco design, with a distinctive facade that is reminiscent of the architectural scene in pre-war San Jose. Inside, guests are met with a combination of vintage design touches and modern amenities. Many of the building’s original elements, including its terracotta roof and intricate interior detailing, have been well-preserved. The hotel’s rooms feature a mixture of luxury and comfort, with standard accommodations offering excellent downtown views, while themed suites are replete with richly veined marble and monochrome palettes with plenty of art-deco-themed photography to boot.
- Luxurious art deco design fused with modern comforts.
- Located in the city center with easy access to major attractions.
- On-site acclaimed Italian restaurant, La Pastaia.
- Limited on-site parking is available.
- Limited amenities, including no on-site pool or spa.
Address: 233 W Santa Clara St, San Jose, CA, 95113
See Related: Best Hotels in Dallas, Texas
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose North
An accommodation featuring modern comfort in the middle of Silicon Valley’s bustling activities, Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose North is an excellent choice for vacationers and business travelers. The building incorporates sleek lines complemented by neutral color palettes and interior decor that promotes a ‘home away from home’ atmosphere, creating a welcoming vibe that the Homewood Suites brand is known for.
Guests can begin their day with a full hot breakfast, complimentary from Hilton, that provides a number of classic choices. However, there is another much more unique food option available at the Homewood Suites by Hilton that genuinely sets this establishment apart from other hotels–a free grocery service option. In keeping up with their name, this Hilton brand attempts to make travelers feel as at home as possible, which includes the provision of groceries of each person’s choice, delivered to their room’s refrigerator upon their arrival. To utilize this ‘freedom of cuisine,’ guests have microwaves, stovetops, and dishwashers in their room’s fully-appointed kitchens.
- Spacious suites with full kitchenettes.
- Complimentary hot breakfast and Monday-Thursday evening socials.
- Outdoor pool, fitness center, and a sunny patio with a fire pit.
- 24/7 business center and close proximity to tech corporations
- Unique grocery service option.
- An on-site golf course.
- Distance from downtown San Jose attractions.
- Limited dining options within walking proximity.
- Rates can be pricey during peak tech conference periods.
Address: 4315 N First St, San Jose, CA 95134, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Fort Worth, Texas
Hilton Santa Clara
Another establishment located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Santa Clara by Hilton, offers prime access to the region’s top tech companies and attractions. Quite literally across the way from Levi’s Stadium, home of the San Francisco 49ers since 2014, it occupies a prime location for football fans and those who want to find some peace and quiet by wandering through all 41 acres of the Ulistac Natural Area.
With rooms outfitted with Hilton’s proprietary Serenity Bed, the accommodations are designed with guests’ best sleep interests in mind—modern amenities, ergonomic workspaces, and elegant bathrooms round out the guest experience. Travelers can also access the fitness and business centers, the outdoor pool and hot tub, or dine at La Fontana–the hotel’s in-house restaurant, which offers Californian fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Stellar location, especially for sports and technology enthusiasts.
- High on service and quality accommodation.
- Close to picturesque natural trails.
- Heavy weekday traffic in the area.
- The fast-paced environment may not be for everybody.
- Limited dining options in the immediate vicinity.
Address: 4949 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Chicago, Illinois
Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
Featuring a simple yet effective aesthetic, this budget-friendly accommodation, the Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, meets all of the needs of the modern traveler–the signature Hyatt Cozy Corner with a sofa-sleeper, plush beds, entertainment set-ups, a fitness center, and a range of business services. This establishment is next door to the San Jose Convention Center, SAP Center, and other notable attractions, which include the San Jose Museum of Art, The Tech Interactive, and Plaza de Cesar Chavez. Complimentary breakfast and 24/7 dining-and-snacking options are also available at the hotel’s 24/7 Gallery, while specialty beverages are served throughout the day at the Coffee to Cocktails Bar.
- Strategically located near key attractions and corporate headquarters.
- Spacious rooms imbued with modern aesthetics and top-tier amenities.
- Complimentary breakfast featuring a local and global culinary palette.
- Street noise might creep into some rooms.
- Parking might pinch the pocket with daily fees.
- The in-house bar’s menu may leave the more adventurous palate yearning.
Address: 282 Almaden Blvd, San Jose, CA 95113, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in San Diego, California
Kasa The Row San Jose
The Kasa The Row San Jose is a virtual check-in, community-style accommodation that exhibits modern design sensibilities with a focus on functionality and efficiency. Its apartments and communal areas are decked in contemporary decor, favoring minimalist aesthetics, neutral tones, and sporadic splashes of color to liven up each space. While Kasa The Row San Jose does not have any in-house dining except a small, reach-in cafe, its strategic location on Santana Row means that guests are a short walk away from a number of upscale restaurants and homey cafes.
- Modern rooms with high-end amenities and plenty of tech.
- Unmatched location in the heart of Santana Row.
- Budget-friendly, hands-off experience.
- No on-site dining.
- No traditional hotel amenities like room service or daily housekeeping.
- Parking might be an issue on busy days.
Address: 2404 Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in San Antonio, Texas
Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose North/Silicon Valley
The Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose North/Silicon Valley offers coziness and modern elegance in a residential-style accommodation setting. The interior and exterior of the hotel exhibit the Marriott brand’s signature aesthetic with neutral colors offset by vibrant accents. Inside, guests can find spacious suites designed for extended stays, featuring kitchens stocked with refrigerators, stovetops, microwaves, and dishwashers. A complimentary hot breakfast awaits guests at a hearty buffet for morning go-getters, while The Residence Inn Mix–a social event typically hosted three nights a week, featuring light fare and premium beverages–awaits those who return in the evenings.
- Comfortable, contemporary style.
- Exceptional amenities, including a fitness center and pool.
- Prime location in close proximity to tech companies and cultural attractions.
- The lack of an on-site restaurant can be disappointing to some
- Portions of the building are near train tracks, which can create excess noise.
Address: 656 America Center Ct, San Jose, CA 95002, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Los Angeles, California
AC Hotel by Marriott San Jose Santa Clara
A modern hotel from the Marriott brand that combines Spanish roots and the technologically advanced Silicon Valley spirit, the AC Hotel by Marriott San Jose / Santa Clara offers minimalist, well-lit guest rooms that are as comfortable as they are functional. The hotel’s location offers optimal levels of convenience for business travelers while also catering to leisure tourists with its proximity to the attractions of both Santa Clara and San Jose.
The hotel boasts a sleek, previously-mentioned minimalist aesthetic that hails from the brand’s European-inspired design principles. The modern facade gives way to elegantly shaped interiors that feature clean lines, bright windows, monochromatic color pallets, and the occasional character-adding accents. Guests can begin their days with a European-style breakfast experience or end them at the AC Lounge, an ideal spot for lounging with signature cocktails, tapas, and local craft beers.
- Ideal location with proximity to Levi’s Stadium and tech giants of Silicon Valley.
- Sleek, modern design with a European aesthetic.
- Splendid dining experience curated around Spanish cuisine.
- Absence of athletic facilities like a swimming pool or tennis courts.
- Limited vegan or gluten-free options on the menu.
Address: 2970 Lakeside Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95054, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Phoenix, Arizona
Juniper Hotel Cupertino, Curio Collection by Hilton
The Juniper Hotel Cupertino from the Curio Collection by Hilton is an excellent, highly-rated establishment that dots the line between modern luxury and old-world appeal. Its facade and interiors showcase modern aesthetics with a little bit of Californian flair, with wide-open spaces, plenty of natural light, and chic decor elements that result in a refined, luxurious accommodation experience. The Parkview Kitchen & Spirits, with its farm-to-table promise, provides a range of delicious, locally-inspired dishes. Guests can also sip cocktails on the skyline terrace as they enjoy sunset views of the Cupertino countryside.
- Situated in the heart of Silicon Valley, granting easy access to major tech companies.
- Impeccably designed rooms radiating warmth and luxury.
- Stunning skyline terrace serving cocktails and light fare.
- Lack of traditional Californian vibes due to its prime-business district location.
- Prices can be steep during peak tech conferences and events.
Address: 10050 S De Anza Blvd, Cupertino, CA 95014, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in New York City, New York
AC Hotel by Marriott San Jose Downtown
Perched in the heart of Silicon Valley, you’ll find an elegant fusion of modernity and timeless beauty – AC Hotel by Marriott San Jose Downtown. True to the AC brand, this sisterly location to the AC Hotel in Santa Clara offers the same European aesthetic elements with modern furnishings, calm colors, and a refreshing, uncluttered atmosphere that is equal parts refreshing and comfortable. The AC Kitchen provides guests with a European-style buffet featuring a curated selection of croissants, cheeses, and artisan-cured meats, while clients can indulge in an extensive wine and beer list at the AC Lounge.
- Located downtown, an arm’s reach from major San Jose attractions.
- Chic, tasteful rooms offer sweeping cityscape views.
- Gourmet, on-site dining options, and exceptional cocktail menus.
- Higher price point compared to other local options.
- Limited kitchenette facilities in rooms.
- Can be quite busy during peak seasons, affecting service quality.
Address: 350 W Santa Clara St, San Jose, CA 95113, United States
See Related: Best Resorts In El Salvador
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara is an extremely functional and strategically located hotel that offers a position adjacent to the Santa Clara Convention Center, providing direct access to major tech companies, Levi’s Stadium, and the Great America theme park. This Hyatt location blends elegance with convenience, features expansive glass facades, and invites lots of natural light through its windows, illuminating an interior punctuated with contemporary art and stylish decor.
The dining options at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara are not understated, either, with TusCA–the cleverly named Californian eatery providing a Tuscan-inspired menu made with local ingredients–and the Evolution Cafe & Bar, as well as the Lobby Lounge for cocktails and meetings.
- Proximity to local technological landmarks.
- Gourmet dining options on-site.
- Modernly-designed, comfortable suites.
- State-of-the-art fitness center.
- Professional and responsive service.
- Potential traffic during rush hour.
- Limited variety in breakfast buffet.
- No pet-friendly accommodations.
Address: 5101 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054, United States
See Related: Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Texas
Hotel Los Gatos
Positioned at the base of the Santa Cruz mountains, the Hotel Los Gatos is a comfortable accommodation that is reminiscent of a private Mediterranean villa experience. Conveniently located near the hustle of Silicon Valley, it offers a peaceful escape in a town known for its upscale boutiques, fine dining, and tree-lined streets.
Ivy-clad stone walls surround the hotel’s courtyard, where guests can soak in the Californian sun while sipping on cocktails and eating light fare. The exterior of the establishments boasts terracotta roofs, wrought iron, and mosaic accents, while the interiors are decorated with ornate woodwork, tiles, and an overall aesthetic that reminds travelers of old-world Europe.
- Nestled away in a serene location with access to the Santa Cruz mountains.
- Luxurious, old-world decor combined with updated modern amenities.
- Gourmet Greek cuisine at Dio Deka, the hotel’s Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Some rooms lack views of the picturesque surrounding hills.
- Is a little farther away from the bustling downtown activities that some might prefer.
Address: 210 E Main St, Los Gatos, CA 95030, United States
See Related: Best Resorts in the Southeast for a Perfect Getaway
Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
This Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown location is housed in a historic building that dates back to 1911 and, as such, combines classic architectural elements with an updated design. Inside, guests can find a blend of vintage charm with modern amenities, with the hotel’s lobby and interior walls highlighting the history of the building.
The Mosaic Restaurant & Lounge offers a multifaceted dine-and-relaxation experience, serving a diverse menu that features Californian and international cuisine made from local ingredients. Additionally, the lounge offers a relaxed setting for guests to enjoy beverages from craft beers to signature cocktails with a calm ambiance.
- Prime location near cultural hotspots and businesses
- Vintage charm fused with contemporary amenities
- Limited parking facilities.
- Some guests have reported inconsistencies with management quality.
- The interior design could use a bit of a refresh.
- Rooms facing the street can be a bit noisy.
- No pool is available.
Address: 211 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113, United States
See Related: Best Resorts in Rhode Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Jose Airport
A more budget-friendly option that provides extensive value in both comfort and convenience, the La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham near the San Jose Airport provides leisure and business travelers with all of the options and amenities they could need for a positive and productive stay.
The property’s rooms and other interior design elements lean towards practicality and comfort, with the straightforward, clean aesthetics that are common traits of the La Quinta brand. While the hotel itself may not have an in-house restaurant for lunch and dinner, its central location ensures that guests are never far from a diverse range of dining options–though they do provide a complimentary continental breakfast.
- Close proximity to the airport and local tech attractions.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Comfortable, clean, and well-equipped rooms.
- Seasonal price hikes.
- Minimal entertainment amenities.
- Breakfast could be more diverse.
Address: 2585 Seaboard Ave, San Jose, CA 95131, United States