Welcome to Houston, Texas. A city that reflects the grit of ranchers, oil barons, and astronauts, Houston is filled with culture and bustling with activity. The largest city in Texas and fourth-largest in the entire United States, Houston is a dynamic hub of business, culture, and innovation renowned for its role in the energy and aerospace sectors. The city offers a taste of Southern flair from the Energy Corridor all the way to the lively nightlife scenes of Midtown and the many parks and outdoor spaces, like Buffalo Bayou, that offer a guest from urban sprawl.
The city has much to offer and, as such, accommodations of many flavors to house its guests. Downtown Houston offers a range of modern, luxurious accommodations as well as charming, old-fashioned inns that serve as a tribute to the history of the city itself. Hotels throughout the city are adept at combining the romance of Southern comfort with contemporary style, making it a great destination for visitors while retaining the affections of the native Texas who live nearby.
After all, there’s joy in travel and finding comfort in a new city far from home, especially in the heart of Texas’ vibrant urban landscape.
|Price per night
|Hotel Granduca Houston
|Pool, Free WiFi, Spa
|The Houstonian Hotel
|Gym, Free WiFi, Restaurant
|ZaZa Houston Memorial City
|Pool, Free WiFi, Parking
|The St. Regis Houston
|Spa, Free WiFi, Restaurant
|The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
|Pool, Spa, Restaurant
See Related: Fun & Best Things to Do in Houston, United States
Best Hotels in Houston, Texas
Marriott Marquis Houston
The Marriott Marquis Houston is a standout accommodation for its iconic Texas-shaped lazy river and stunning views of the city skyline. The design of the hotel leans towards modern luxury with sleek lines, elegant interiors, and plenty of natural light from the glass facade that filters into the communal spaces inside. Hallways are adorned with Texas-themed artwork and symbolism crafted by local artists that both catch the eye and remind you to slow down and take in the scene.
As the sun dips below the skyline, you can lounge with a handcrafted cocktail with the vibrant city lights twinkling beneath your rooftop view. Make sure you provide adequate time for yourself to explore the hotel’s numerous dining options, which have earned accolades for their culinary excellence and variety of flavors.
- Coveted 4-star mark of distinction.
- Proximity to downtown Houston’s attractions and key businesses.
- Unique Texas-shaped rooftop lazy river.
- A wide array of delectable dining options.
- Can be relatively pricey compared to other in-class comparable hotels in the area.
- Some guests have reported occasional challenges with check-in during peak seasons.
- The lack of a more traditional swimming pool might be an issue for some guests.
Address: 1777 Walker St, Houston, TX 77010, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in El Paso, Texas
The Moran CITYCENTRE
The Moran CityCENTRE sports a chic design and is situated strategically within the heart of the CITYCETNRE, Houston’s upscale, self-contained lifestyle and entertainment complex. It provides an intimate and boutique-style accommodation experience that serves as an excellent contrast to some of the city’s larger, more corporate-style hotels.
Wake up each morning and begin your daily immersion in the bustling atmosphere of the city by tasting the aroma of fresh coffee rising up from the lobby below. By night, the skyline is punctuated with twinkling lights and illuminated by the magnificent skyscrapers around it.
A lush saltwater pool offering respite from the Texas heat, artisan dining experiences at the doorstep, and dedicated concierge services address each and every need of its residents. The Moran CITYCENTRE is a full-bodied experience that offers a unique and soulful connection to the city and its inhabitants and is a respectably priced, well-recommended accommodation.
- Central location in the heart of Houston’s business district.
- Luxurious rooms with vibrant CITYCENTRE views.
- On-site dining options and convenient access to local restaurants.
- Exceptional service with personal attention to detail.
- Can be slightly expensive for those traveling on a budget.
- Busy areas could be a concern for those who prefer quieter surroundings.
- Limited onsite parking options can become inconvenient.
Address: 800 Sorella Ct, Houston, TX 77024, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Austin, Texas
Omni Houston Hotel
The Omni Houston Hotel, located in the heart of Texas, where city life blends with Southern charm, welcomes guests with plenty of hospitality. Stride into the well-polished lobby that features warm lighting, soft leather, and wooden accents and features that set the scene. Twin swimming pools, set against the Houston skyline, provide a lush and secluded retreat from the constant daytime activity outside.
Each room ushers you into a world where comfort intermingles with style. Mornings are complemented by the rhythm of the city and result in a soothing ambiance. Once you are ready to take on the day, the Omni Houston Hotel grants you access to a number of nearby shopping and dining options, enhancing its appeal as a prime location.
- Strategically located in Uptown Houston.
- Offers lavish guestrooms and suites affording panoramic city views.
- An array of amenities, including a fully-fledged fitness center, two outdoor pools, and spa services.
- Premium services can be costly.
- Popular locations can result in crowded spaces.
- Some guests have above-average difficulty regarding parking space and accessibility.
Address: 4 Riverway Dr, Houston, TX 77056, United States
See Related: Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Texas
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
Experience a new level of sleek luxury at the Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston. This hotel, with its mirrored granite facings and chandelier-lit interiors, is an upscale, standout location in the area. Beyond simply providing comfortable pillows and fine beverages, it blends Texas culture and hospitality with a fine level of craftsmanship that you might expect to find on the Italian front.
Settle into the plush leather chairs and well-appointed beds for a well-rested sleep after a busy day, or relax first in one of the hotel’s many indoor pool and spa rooms, appointed with tile-carved resort chairs. The gorgeous, skyline views, too, create a memorable experience where every detail speaks of perfect curation at this 5-star hotel.
- Striking balance between impressive scale and intimate ambiance.
- Outstanding in-house culinary options: the pastel-and-floral decore of Bloom & Bee or the gulf oysters of Willie G’s Seafood restaurant.
- Ideal location for high-end shopping adventures and city exploration.
- An expensive stay. Not suitable for budget-conscious travelers.
- Hefty traffic around Post Oak Boulevard may interfere with peace and quiet.
Address: 1600 W Loop S, Houston, TX 77027, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Dallas, Texas
Hyatt Regency Houston/Galleria
Another giant of accommodation situated in the heart of Houston, the Hyatt Regency Houston/Galleria welcomes guests as a refreshing sanctuary within the city. Step into the cool, air-conditioned interiors from the Texas heat and find yourself in a home away from home, with a friendly environment of dedicated, unassuming service that serves as a gateway to the culture of Houston.
Dine at the Urban Star–the hotel’s signature restaurant–and embark on a culinary journey featuring local dishes like gumbo and jambalaya, then proceed to the high-rise club to enjoy panoramic views of the city and refreshing cocktails.
- Central location for ease of city exploration.
- Comfortable, luxurious amenities.
- A renowned dining experience at Urban Star.
- Breath-taking view from upper floors.
- Decent pricing, especially for a 5-star hotel, but consistently limited availability.
Address: 2626 Sage Rd, Houston, TX 77056, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Fort Worth, Texas
Four Seasons Hotel Houston
With a posh, granite-and-marble-laden interior, the Four Seasons Hotel Houston is a beacon of modern luxury residing in downtown Houston. This hotel, with its genuine Texas charm and posh amenities, serves as a prime destination for visitors.
Clients of the Four Seasons Hotel become a part of this renowned accommodation’s story as soon as they sit in the leather chairs that adorn its interior lobby. Grand chandeliers provide plenty of light as they illuminate the brass railings and leather upholstery. Upstairs, each suite offers stunning views of the urban city landscape below.
The charm of the Four Seasons Hotel Houston lies in both its physical features and in its exceptional blend of Texan style and global luxury and offers a unique narrative that is sure to leave an impression on your journey.
- Impeccable service, with a Texas-style warm and welcoming staff.
- Unbeatable location in the heart of downtown Houston.
- Spectacular views of the cityscape, give a true feel of urban Texan life.
- Luxurious rooms and amenities, ensure a comfortable stay.
- High prices that likely will not suit every budget.
- Surrounding city noise may reach some rooms, affecting light sleepers.
Address: 1300 Lamar St, Houston, TX 77010, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in San Antonio, Texas
The Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria
The Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria is a testament to the hospitality and the quality of the concierge service in any Texan hotel. Far from an ordinary accommodation, each room offers a comfortable experience with high-quality linens, tasteful decor, and expansive views of the city. As night falls, the city lights create a spectacle viewable right from your window. After a day spent navigating the world-renowned shopping district, guests can relax by the chic rooftop pool and sip cocktails as they enjoy both the view and the remaining light of the day.
This hotel also features an extensive art program, displaying Texan art from local craftsmen as a subtle homage to the artistic underbelly of this oil-rich city. This fine location brings together Houston’s artistic side, business energy, and luxury into one bundle to create a unique experience for its guests.
- Luxurious setting in a prime location.
- Close proximity to world-class shopping and dining.
- Stunning views of Houston cityscape.
- Exceptional on-site dining in ARA and Axis Lounge.
- Outdoor heated rooftop pool.
- Parking and additional amenities could be pricey.
- Might not offer the boutique small-hotel feel some travelers prefer.
Address: 2222 W Loop S, Houston, TX 77027, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Denver, Colorado
Le Méridien Houston Downtown
Le Méridien Houston Downtown speaks to a traveler’s desire for serenity and sophistication wrapped in a spell-binding high-rise package. Although it’s situated in the city center, it maintains a peaceful atmosphere while also staying connected to the pulse of the city’s energy. The timeless elegance of its halls, speckled with modern touches, serves as a polite testament to finesse and fine-tuned luxury.
The hotel’s prime restaurant, Zutro, offers meals made from local ingredients that reflect the rich spirit of Texas. Rooms of muted tones offer a quiet, yet luxurious refuge to relax in as you soak in the panoramic scenes and gorgeous sunsets from your suite’s window.
- Lavish rooms offer panoramic city views.
- On-site restaurant with a refined Texan menu.
- Prime downtown location conveniently close to key attractions.
- Mid-range luxury pricing can be slightly out of range for more budget-conscious travelers..
- Noisy surroundings during peak events can be a potential inconvenience.
- Street parking can be challenging during peak times.
Address: 1121 Walker St. Houston, TX 77002, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Columbus, Ohio
The Westin Galleria Houston
The Westin Galleria Houston, sitting confidently in the energetic sun-drenched landscape of bustling Texas, has a knack for making its way into the memories of its visitors. Its sleek exterior houses an elegant fusion of modern luxury with a charming Texas feel.
Gourmet cuisines are complemented by a relaxing dining atmosphere sure to fit the cravings and high tastes of any culinary-experienced traveler, especially after a long day spent inside one of the hotel’s many business rooms and parlors.
The raw energy surrounding this refuge is a blend of cosmopolitan allure and warm southern hospitality, providing a comprehensive experience where luxury accommodations, top-tier dining, and a convivial atmosphere come together to create a memorable visit to this energetic Texas city.
- State-of-the-art amenities offer the perfect blend of luxury and comfort.
- A prime location providing easy access to top Houston attractions.
- Refreshing rooftop pool overlooking the city’s skyline.
- Diverse dining options for culinary enthusiasts.
- Located in a busy area which may interfere with some visitor’s peace and quiet..
- Premium services can be expensive.
Address: 5060 W Alabama St, Houston, TX 77056
See Related: Best Hotels in Jacksonville, Florida
JW Marriott Houston by The Galleria
The JW Marriott Houston by The Galleria stands tall against the downtown Houston skyline and is ready to accept any traveler into its luxurious and welcoming lobby. This accommodation serves as a vivid tapestry of rich experiences, nuanced interactions, and delicious Texan fare.
The hotel is designed with a refined and sophisticated touch, with carefully crafted decor complementing the breathtaking views from many of the hotel’s higher-floor suites, which is one of the distinguishing aspects of this location.
It is also located right near The Galleria shopping center, making it an excellent stop for travelers seeking a bit of ‘retail therapy,’ dining, and general city exploration. Spacious rooms equipped with modern amenities constitute each of the JW Marriot Houston’s suites as a relaxing escape from the Texas heat.
- Unparalleled views of the Houston skyline.
- Close proximity to The Galleria Mall and a wide range of dining options.
- Five-star dining within the hotel.
- Can be busy due to its popular location.
- Expensive parking.
- Relatively small indoor pool area.
- No spa facilities.
Address: 5150 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77056, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Chicago, Illinois
InterContinental Houston, an IHG Hotel
The InterContintenal Houston, another excellent establishment from the IHG Hotel brand, is a budget-friendly accommodation option with a number of desirable features. One of these is the hotel’s prime position, which makes it an ideal base for guests seeking to explore the city’s thriving business district, cultural sites, and wide range of shopping destinations.
The interior of the InterContintental Houston is tasteful, timeless in a way, and laid back with its luxury without skimping on quality. The guest rooms and suites are designed with comfort in mind, furnished with high-quality amenities, and offering cityscape views that are sure to leave a lasting impression.
Dining is an exclusive and well-expounded aspect of this hotel, too, with a selection of in-house restaurants charging fair prices for their diverse cuisines that range from local Texan specialties to international dishes.
A state-of-the-art fitness center, equipped with modern machines and an outdoor pool that is perfect for sunshine relaxation, offers guests the perfect opportunity to recharge and relax.
- Unparalleled location in the heart of Houston.
- Multicultural cuisine takes you on a culinary adventure.
- Luxurious rooms with spectacular city views.
- Can teeter towards the pricier side during the summer months.
Address: 6750 Main St, Houston, TX 77030, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in San Diego, California
The Hilton Americas-Houston is a prominent architectural icon that is situated right in the center of Houston, boasting beautiful dusk views of the city from its rooftops and in-suite windows. Due to its location, this hotel serves as a prime accommodation choice for both travelers of business and leisure and sets the bar high when it comes to comfort, convenience, and the services they offer.
Contoured, wood-paneled edges with over-bar lighting are accentuated by the bright, open, slanting windows that pour sunlight through the walkways and main lobby of this slick location. The dining options, too, are not to be dismissed with two delectable culinary options, including the 1600 Bar + Grille, Papasito’s Cantina as well as a more modern, budget-friendly Starbucks.
- Stunning views of Discovery Green and the Houston skyline.
- Luxurious spa and fitness amenities.
- Proximity to George R. Brown Convention Center.
- Car parking may be a bit pricey.
- Busy periods might bring a throng of visitors due to event proximity.
- Higher prices compared to other local options..
Address: 1600 Lamar St, Houston, TX 77010, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Charlotte, North Carolina
JW Marriott Houston Downtown
Step off of the brick road and into the JW Marriott Houston Downtown and find yourself embracing a quiet, respectfully luxurious atmosphere that is teeming with Southern hospitality and skyscraper chic. The soft leather, cool stone, and delicate lighting culminate in this hotel’s welcoming environment that is equal parts industrial and luxurious.
Hotel rooms feature freestanding porcelain tubs, gray and silver upholstery, and polished wooden floors to contrast the renovated industrial beams that support the building’s main lobby. With the distinctly Texan rhythm beating through the veins of this hotel, any traveler is sure to fall headlong into the exquisite high of luxury and cultural Texan charm.
- Ultra-modern accommodation with quintessential Southern hospitality.
- Prime location with easy access to iconic landmarks, cultural sites, and culinary delights.
- Lots of room options, some of which feature hotel-style kitchens with granite countertops and even dining set-ups.
- Rooms can be pricey, a true testament to its luxury standing.
- Can be quite crowded during peak seasons.
Address: 806 Main St, Houston, TX 77002, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Los Angeles, California
Hyatt Place Houston/Galleria
Located in the lively Uptown District of Houston, the Hyatt Place Houston/Galleria is a true standout of modern comfort and convenience that does not force you to overstay your welcome. This property, with its sleek and modest appearance, welcomes slightly more budget-friendly travelers yet does not skimp whatsoever on the size nor quality of its large, well-appointed suites.
A 3-minute walk from The Galleria, this is a prime setting for those looking to find a quiet retreat from the bustling city without being too far away from the popular and vibrant city around them. The separate living areas–equipped with sofas, large workspaces, and blazing-fast free WiFi–allow guests to remain productive.
- Ideally located near The Galleria, the city’s premier shopping and dining destination.
- Hospitable staff, attentive to your needs around the clock.
- Rooms offer sweeping views of the Houston skyline.
- Free WiFi.
- Pet-friendly accommodations are a huge plus.
- Street noise can sometimes filter into lower-floored rooms.
- Limited vegan and gluten-free options in their breakfast buffet.
- Valet parking, while efficient, may seem costly to some.
Address: 5252 W Alabama St, Houston, TX 77056, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Phoenix, Arizona
Cliù Luxury Boutique Condo Hotel
The Cliu Luxury Boutique Condo Hotel provides a unique experience for traveling groups of guests seeking to accommodate themselves and their parties, even with sizes up to 18 people. It was designed to house large bridal parties, families, and friends while allowing them to book entire complexes while still being in a prime position to explore the heart of the city.
Strategically located between the Texas Medical Center and Downtown Houston’s sprawling blocks, this location operates over a dozen fully-furnished condominium-style homes that sport fully furnished kitchens, and a number of bedrooms in a clean, sleek, modern finish.
- Luxurious living spaces with a touch of home comfort.
- Free WiFi.
- Pet-friendly accommodations.
- Reasonable pricing for large numbers of guests.
- No on-site pool or spa complex.
- No restaurants.
Address: 3144 Southmore Blvd Unit 10, Houston, TX 77004, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in New York City, New York
Blossom Hotel Houston
The Blossom Hotel Houston is an establishment that merges industrial urban chic with rustic Southern elegance, featuring gorgeous stonework and brass finishings as one of its primary interior design aesthetics. The lobby is indulgent, floored with marble slabs and floor-to-ceiling windows that pour in the warm Texas sunlight.
Handcrafted décor serves as an elegant contrast to the crisp design of the walkways and suites of the Blossom Hotel Houston. Three on-site restaurants that offer a variety of flavors from Eastern to Americana classics are open to guests, as is a bar and lounge for relaxed, late-night conversations. Located just steps away from the largest medical research community in the country, the hotel is a clean and pristine destination for conference members, large groups, and business professionals.
- Luxurious rooms with breathtaking city views.
- Three on-site restaurants offer a wide array of culinary delights.
- Convenient location is proximate to key Houston attractions.
- Top-notch customer service.
- Weekend rates can run high given its increasing popularity.
Address: 7118 Bertner Ave, Houston, TX 77030, United States
See Related: Best Resorts In El Salvador
Hotel ZaZa Museum District
Eclectic, theatrical design is the name of the game for the Hotel ZaZa which has housed a number of art enthusiasts, business travelers, and visitors to the city who are seeking a high-end and certainly one-of-a-kind experience. Featuring bold colors, unique art pieces, and lavish furnishings, this hotel complements its location within the Museum District with modern design elements that pay homage to art and culture.
Hotel ZaZa offers various room options, including standard rooms, concept suites, and the ultra high-end ‘Magnificent Seven Suites’ that are each designed with their own aesthetic and thematic upholstery, color schemes, and designed, while being equipped with amenities unique to each room.
The hotel houses the Monarch Bistro, a fine dining establishment that offers gusts American fare. For a more relaxed setting, there’s also the Monarch Lounge, which is the perfect location for snacks and cocktails.
- Artfully designed rooms, in-house fine dining, and extensive spa services.
- Prime location near top-tier museums.
- Can be pricey during different seasons.
- May be too quirky for traditionalists.
Address: 5701 Main St, Houston, TX 77005, United States
See Related: Best Resorts in the Southeast for a Perfect Getaway
The Lancaster Hotel
Present within the symphony of Houston’s urban heartbeat, The Lancaster Hotel stands with a stoic grace breathed through many decades. It inherits the charm of old-world elegance while flirting with modern comforts, which is evident in each thoughtfully arranged suite. Edwardian furnishings meet plush textiles and create a quiet getaway from the bustle of the city.
The hospitality isn’t a handshake deal here but more of a beloved tradition, as the Lancaster Hotel prides itself on its quality concierge service. Each of the 93 well-appointed rooms provides lush furnishings and a classic style, yet boasts every modern amenity that both business and pleasure travelers could need.
The on-site restaurant–Cultivated F+B–is also a treat, offering a sophisticated menu of contemporary American cuisine, full of dishes crafted from locally sourced ingredients. A curated art collection filled with over 200 pieces from local artists adorns different parts of the lobby for after-dinner relaxation.
- Rooted in historic charm and elegance.
- Attentive staff with exceptional hospitality.
- A fantastic, center-stage location amidst the hubbub of Houston’s vibrant city life.
- The embracing of tradition may come across as slightly ‘dated’ for fans more contemporary design.
Address: 701 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002, United States
See Related: Best Resorts in Key West for Families
Hyatt Regency Houston
Seated within the confines of Downtown Houston, the Hyatt Regency Houston serves as the more luxurious older brother to Hyatt Place and commands an impressive skyline presence. Almost a thousand rooms are equipped with modern features and stunning cityscape views and are attended to by a quality concierge service that can rival the other Texan accommodation giants in its class.
Dining options at the Hyatt Regency Houston are a feast for the palate. Guests can enjoy a wide range of culinary experiences, from Texan red meat at Shula’s Steakhouse to the classic, casual, and time-tested American fare of the Einstein Bros. Bagels. A revolving roof-top restaurant, the only 360-degree restaurant in Houston, also provides an unforgettable dining experience.
The enduring allure of this hotel is not just the strategic location but the sense of ultimate comfort wrapped in sophistication, well-appointed rooms, and delicious, Southern-inspired fare.
- Stellar location in the heart of downtown.
- Gourmet dining options with a local touch.
- Luxurious rooms with modern amenities.
- Excellent customer service from a locals-led team.
- Houston’s only 360-degree rotating restaurant.
- Valet parking may feel a bit pricey.
- The lively environment may feel noisy due to its downtown location.
Address: 1200 Louisiana St, Houston, TX 77002, United States
See Related: Best Resorts in Scottsdale, Arizona
Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria
Subtle luxury woven into the heart of Space City—welcome to the Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria. At its core, the Hilton Houston Post Oak Hotel is a perfect location for guests seeking comfort, convenience, and warm hospitality, all adjacent to the famous Galleria district.
Delightfully blended colors accentuate the vibrant atmosphere within, mirroring the city’s dynamic pulse. The Brittany Bar offers a variety of international dishes alongside Southern American fare for those seeking to explore the hotel’s culinary offerings, and the Lobby Lounge simultaneously provides an array of cocktails, craft beers, and fine wines.
An outdoor pool–perfect for a refreshing swim in the Texas heat–nicely complements the fully-fledged indoor fitness center, which is only some of the modern amenities and ‘nice-to-haves’ present at this hotel in Uptown Houston.
- Strategically located near the Galleria district.
- Panoramic city views.
- Exceptional on-site dining options.
- Lots of traffic congestion in the vicinity.
- Rooms facing the highway can get a bit noisy.
- Additional charges for parking.
Address: 2001 Post Oak Blvd, Houston, TX 77056, United States