Welcome to Philadelphia, the cradle of American liberty: an urban gridiron drenched in historic allure and chock-full of charm. Within this city hums a symphony of liberty bells and artisan cheesesteaks, rocky steps, and cobblestone alleys. Each and every corner is packed with rich American history, and there is much to do and much to see. However, the hotels that dot the city’s blocks also tell an intricate story of the culture that gave rise to the Revolution and maintained its status as one of America’s historical epicenters throughout the years.
Philadelphia boasts some of the finest hotels, each of which offers top-notch amenities, exceptional services, and various gateways to different districts in the city. Visitors to the city seek high-rise hotels with panoramic city views or accommodations with the charm of boutique establishments, and some simply prefer a place to unload their luggage–and Philadelphia has each preference covered.
In this guide, we’ll take you through some of the best hotels in the city, showcasing a diverse range of different options that each capture the essence of Philadelphia’s hospitality. Let’s explore some of the best accommodations in the city!
|The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
|10 Avenue Of The Arts
|The Logan Philadelphia
|1 Logan Square
|Sofitel Philadelphia at Rittenhouse Square
|120 S 17th St
|Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center
|1 N 19th St
|The Bellevue Hotel
|200 S Broad St
See Related: Philadelphia
Best Hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
Rich in revolutionary allure but far from old-fashioned, The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton echoes the audacious spirit of its host city. The facade, a sturdy combination of stone and glass, greets guests with hints of a modern masterpiece on their way into the hotel. Slide past the doors, and you’re greeted by artistry lacing the lobby, local pieces contrasted by the contemporary chic of leather and steel. This hotel provides guests with an immersive experience rooted in local culture and sophisticated hospitality. Its prime location also allows easy access to many of Philadelphia’s iconic landmarks and vibrant neighborhoods.
- The intertwining of local lore and contemporary design.
- Exceptional dining with a rooftop lounge offering panoramic views of the city.
- Spacious rooms are appointed with modern amenities.
- Depending on the event schedule, the rooftop lounge can get crowded.
- If you crave quiet, city noise might seep into lower-level rooms.
- Limited options for vegans and vegetarians in the hotel restaurant.
Address: One Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in El Paso, Texas
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center
Perched atop the Comcast Center in downtown Philadelphia, the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia stands as a hotel characterized by luxury and technological innovation. Guests are afforded unparalleled panoramic views of the city skyline and can dine at some of the hotel’s excellent restaurants, which include Jean-Georges Philiadewlpha and Vernick Fish.
Here, luxury is a currency, anonymously woven into every fiber, from the Michelin-star restaurant to the expansive sky lounge and the overflowing pools located many stories up the building–which just so happens to be the tallest building in the city. But the real difference maker, the soul of the hotel, is in the smiles and warm greetings of the staff, as this Four Seasons Hotel accommodation has award-winning service.
- Exceptional service beyond expectation.
- Stunning vistas of Philadelphia cityscape from every angle.
- Michelin-starred on-site restaurant.
- Premium experience comes with a premium price tag.
- City hustle and bustle can seem distant due to high elevations.
- Might spoil you for average hotels forever.
Address: 1 N 19th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Austin, Texas
The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia, is an embodiment of classical elegance merged with modern luxury. Occupying an antiquated but elegant bank building, the Ritz-Carlton exudes aspects of the city’s financial and industrial past while providing numerous luxurious enterprises within its walls. It is located a 7-minute walk from the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts and 15 minutes from the Mütter’s Museum.
Sophisticated rooms provide city views and access to high-end amenities, including charging stations, iPod docks, flat-screen TVs, and high-speed wifi–though that comes at an additional fee. The on-site spa offers bespoke treatments and a calming retreat from the business of the city.
Professional travelers who are seeking special occasions or business gatherings are not let unnoticed either, with impeccable event spaces offered in a blend of historical architecture with modern touches offered at the hotel.
- Breathtaking architecture and tasteful décor.
- Central location in Philadelphia, excellent accessibility to local attractions.
- Unparalleled service and high-end dining experience.
- High-end luxury comes with a matching price tag
- The historic nature of the building may mean smaller rooms for some guests.
- WiFi comes at an additional cost.
Address: 10 Ave Of The Arts, Philadelphia, PA 19102, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Denver, Colorado
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
The Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia is a vibrant tapestry of rich American heritage mixed with a fine modern feel that is located in the iconic Lafayette Building in Philadelphia’s historical district. No detail is spared within its vibrant walls, however: décor is an elegant dance of old-world sophistication with a cheeky modern twist.
Upon entering, guests are immediately confronted with the hotel’s distinctive charm, where bold patterns meet classic structures, resulting in an interesting ambiance that is both playful and refined. The rooms, too, are more of the same–think plush furnishings in bold patterns and rich textures. One could even forget that outside lies the cradle of American freedom. But a glance out your window frames the Liberty Bell, an ever-present reminder of the city’s monumental legacy.
- Luxurious rooms with unique décor well-rooted in Philadelphia’s culture and history.
- Prime location within walking distance of Independence Hall.
- Pet-friendly services.
- Complimentary evening wine reception.
- Parking can be pricey.
- Street noise can be bothersome for rooms facing outwards.
- Limited fitness facilities.
Address: 433 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Columbus, Ohio
Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
Guests at the only waterfront hotel in the heart of Philadelphia can view the sunset on the 22nd floor of the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing. Gaze out at the Delaware River, where tall ships bob soundlessly, their sails proudly flaunting the city’s rich maritime heritage. The Hilton showcases a modern design ethos that compliments the surrounding buildings while providing views of the cityscape behind it or the serene waterfront just outside its facade. Stepping inside, guests can find themselves dining at Keating’s Rope & Anchor Bar, clinking crystal-cut glasses filled with the finest American Whiskey. Its prime location on Penn’s Landing means that guests are also moments away from entertainment venues, landmarks, museums, and other sites of Revolutionary American heritage.
- Unparalleled views of the cityscape and the Delaware River.
- Direct access to Penn’s Landing festivals and events.
- On-site gourmet restaurant, Keating’s Rope & Anchor Bar.
- Limited parking facilities.
- Rooms facing the city may be subjected to noise from festivals and events.
Address: 201 S Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Jacksonville, Florida
The Rittenhouse Hotel
Tucked away in the heart of Philly’s vibrant cityscape, The Rittenhouse Hotel delivers a blend of luxury and authenticity that catches the attention of many different kinds of travelers. An elegant blend of marble, mahogany, and glass implies a hint of old-world grandeur that refuses to fade away into modernity. There is still, however, a distinctly defiant Philadelphian edge lurking beneath the glimmering surface.
The hotel’s culinary offerings dance between tradition and innovation, much like the city itself. Its restaurants are run and operated by celebrated chefs serving dishes that celebrate global flavors and local heritage. Outside of the fine rooms and excellent dining, the Rittenhouse Hotel offers a world-class spa, lush gardens, well-appointed outdoor spaces, and a location in one of Philadelphia’s most prestigious locations in close proximity to high-end boutiques and cultural attractions.
- A refined blend of historic charm and modern luxury.
- Prime location with stunning park views.
- Stellar dining options.
- Luxury comes with a substantial price tag.
- Street noise can be a minor inconvenience in some rooms.
- Parking options can be limited during peak times.
Address: 210 W Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Dallas, Texas
Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square
The Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square offers a modern feel with a sleek facade and contemporary interiors that stand as a fine contrast against many of the more historical hotels that surround it. A vibrant ambiance greets guests as soon as they enter the hotel, with art-deco-inspired designs covering many of the interior walls. The hotel also offers a rotating art exhibition that cements its reputation as a hub for culture and creativity.
Business conferences and weddings are accommodated at this hotel, as the Sonesta offers a range of versatile spaces that can cater to various needs. A prime location also offers access to attractions such as art galleries, theaters, landmarks, and an array of eateries and museums.
- Stylish sophistication meets home comfort.
- Crowned by a location near historic landmarks.
- Culinary delights pay homage to Philadelphia’s food culture.
- No on-site parking, alongside neutral reviews of a valet service, can be an issue.
- The Sonesta is beginning to show its age with respect to interior room quality.
Address: 1800 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Fort Worth, Texas
Le Méridien Philadelphia
A bright, fluorescent neon sign bearing the hotel’s name–Le Méridien–sits just above the entryway of this hotel, lighting up the brick facade and giving a hint as to what might be expected within.
The rooms are meticulously designed to reflect modern comfort, with gray, yellow, and patterned interior design and upholstery complimented by tile-and-granite bathrooms and rainwater showers. Slim drapery accents windows easily over 10 feet high within Le Méridien’s dining halls and meeting rooms, casting light onto the antiquated, oak, library-esque bookshelves.
Guests can enjoy a fine dining experience at aMuse, the French restaurant that services as the hotel’s on-site eatery, where traditional bistro fare meets signature steak fries and raw menu options.
- Desirable location in the heart of downtown.
- A unique fusion of rich history and modern aesthetics.
- Top-tier dining experiences with remarkable skyline views.
- Some might find the urban environment a bit noisy.
- The historic building may entail smaller rooms than expected.
- Secure parking facilities are off-site, with additional cost.
Address: 1421 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Chicago, Illinois
Sofitel Philadelphia at Rittenhouse Square
The Sofitel Philadelphia at Rittenhouse Square elegantly melds French flair with American style in the heart of one of Philadelphia’s most iconic neighborhoods. As part of a global brand renowned for its luxurious accommodations and impeccable service, this hotel offers a fine retreat for both leisure and business travelers. The aroma of freshly baked bread wafts from the acclaimed Chez Colette while the clink of artisanal cocktails serenades you from Liberté Lounge. Its proximity to some of Philadelphia’s vital arteries—the Academy of Music and the Liberty Bell Center—makes the Sofitel Philadelphia an excellent choice for appreciators of the finer things.
- Prime location offering easy access to legendary landmarks.
- French-inspired cuisine at on-site restaurants
- Array of plush amenities for a luxurious stay.
- Steep pricing may deter budget-conscious travelers.
- Proximity of some rooms to event venues can result in noise bleed.
- Limited valet parking options.
Address: 120 S 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in San Diego, California
The Bellevue Hotel – The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Step through the doors of The Bellevue Hotel, a luxurious accommodation housed in the Beaux-Arts building known to many as the ‘Grand Dame of Broad Street.’ The century-old tapestries, detailed high ceilings, and marble columns tell stories of Philadelphia’s rich history. Each room and suite at The Bellevue Hotel has been thoughtfully arranged, combining antiquated architecture with contemporary upholstery and furnishings.
The dining experience at XIX (Nineteen) – an upper-floor, sunlit atrium that serves as The Bellevue’s posh, on-site restaurant–offers excellent dishes and skyline views. This hotel is also located on the famed Avenue of the Arts, placing guests in the center of Philadelphia’s cultural scene, with galleries and historic sites just a stroll away.
- Vintage luxury combined with extraordinary service.
- An unrivaled view of the Philadelphia skyline.
- Convenient location near the city’s prominent sites.
- A higher price point can be a deterrent for some.
- The old-world charm may not appeal to lovers of modern aesthetics.
- The hotel may attract non-guest visitors, which could affect the exclusivity of the space.
Address: 200 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Charlotte, North Carolina
Guild House Hotel
The Guild House Hotel is a testament to artistry, craftsmanship, local cultural heritage, and genuinely intimate hospitality. This boutique hotel truly offers a unique experience for discerning travelers.
The interior of the hotel is marked by vintage charm with splashes of contemporary design, such as the triangular, brassy lamps that stand on top of two-block mahogany nightstands–in front of early 20th-century wallpaper and Victorian-style furniture, of course.
What elevates the Guild House Hotel is also the passionate team behind it, with many guests taking to Google reviews to explain the overwhelming generosity, attention to detail, and flexibility of the service there.
- Unique, story-laden rooms offer character and charm.
- The prime location offers easy access to key city attractions.
- Fantastic staff members and service.
- Its unconventional art and decor may not sit well with lovers of minimalist design.
- The hustle and bustle of the city center may become noisy.
Address: 1307 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in San Antonio, Texas
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
Guests can find a convenient, luxurious, yet contemporary experience staying at the Philadelphia Marriot Downtown Hotel. The bustling energy of Market Street, dense and lively, is just at your doorstep–and the location makes this hotel the perfect launchpad for exploring the upscale restaurants, historic landmarks, and vibrant shopping districts that are all within reach. The Pennslyvania Convention Center is also conveniently adjacent to the hotel, making it a popular stayover for professionals and convention attendees seeking to hold meetings next door.
- The prime location offers easy access to popular attractions.
- Cozy, elegant rooms featuring cityscape views.
- Innovative dining experience showcasing local flavors.
- Space can be a bit noisy due to its central location.
- Parking arrangements can be challenging for guests.
- Limited on-site recreational amenities.
Address: 1201 Market Street, 1200 Filbert St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Los Angeles, California
The Franklin on Rittenhouse, A Boutique Hotel
Enter into a well-known Philadelphia accommodation that has been elegantly penned in brick, glass, and fabric called The Franklin on Rittenhouse. This boutique hotel is a sleek alabaster building located just at the edge of Rittenhouse Square, offering a luxurious–and somewhat curious–stay inside. Different suites have decorated ceilings to reflect themes of nature and the fine arts, with patterned rugs and the occasional bougie pillow serving as a modern contrast and reminder that this is no longer the era that orchestrated this hotel’s facade.
- Strategically located near Rittenhouse Square, allowing easy access to Philly’s heart.
- The fusion of old-world elegance and modern style creates a unique ambiance.
- Personalized, top-notch service with attentive staff.
- Might be a splurge for budget-conscious travelers.
- No on-site parking is available.
- The busy neighborhood might be noisy for some guests.
Address: 1715 Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Phoenix, Arizona
The Notary Hotel, Philadelphia, Autograph Collection
The Notary Hotel, tucked neatly into the bosom of Philadelphia, is a relic of grandeur past, an architectural masterpiece lovingly dubbed an Autograph Collection hotel. Its Neoclassic elements remember the thriving passion of the 1920s while also offering a contemporary veneer. A walk into the marble lobby regales guests with sentiments of a different time–and yet, modernity pervades the comforts provided: a fitness center, Spanish tapas at the restaurant, and rooms where minimalist chic upholstery brings each guest’s attention back to the present.
- A perfect blend of historic architecture and modern amenities.
- Centrally located, with easy access to prime city landmarks.
- Comprehensive amenities including a fitness center and in-house restaurant.
- Historic styling and aesthetics may feel imposing to some.
- Can be more pricey than some more conventional accommodations.
- High demand means rooms may not always be readily available.
Address: 21 N Juniper St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, United States
See Related: Best Hotels in Phoenix, Arizona
Hyatt Centric Center City Philadelphia
Slip into the copper-toned interior of the Hyatt Centric in Philadelphia, a fine, chic, contemporary hotel nestled in the center of the city. Through its gleaming glass façade, you’ll find an urban retreat and an admixture of colonial heritage and modern aesthetic. Smooth-palate rooms are accentuated by light wooden flooring, floor-to-ceiling windows, sprawling workspaces, and a number of varying cloth-textured designs. The hotel also offers panoramic views of the city’s skyline and a plethora of natural light to warm up the already earthen-toned interiors.
- The suave ambiance and stylish deco encapsulate the Philly spirit.
- Located in the city center, reflecting the cityscape.
- World-class amenities offering ultimate comfort.
- Can be bustling due to its central locale.
Address: 1620 Chancellor St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
See Related: Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Texas
Penn’s View Hotel
Firmly nestled amidst Philadelphia’s teeming life, Penn’s View Hotel brings old-world charm and modern grace into a perfect balance. Rich cedar, fine drapery, original exposed brick walls, and open beams transport guests back in time to a not-often-seen side of Philadelphia’s history. Rooms, cozy yet distinct, with muted quilts with earth-toned accents and antiquated wallpaper fuse combine comfort with a certain historical allure.
One of the standout features of Penn’s View Hotel is its acclaimed on-site restaurant. Here, Italian flavors and local Philadelphia classics–plus wine from the hotel’s expansive wine cellar–create a homey atmosphere and a memorable culinary event.
Situated in the Old City, Penn’s View sports a rather enviable location. Guests find themselves steps away from Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and charming cobblestone streets lined with galleries, boutiques, antique shops, and cafes. Its proximity to the waterfront also means that riverside walks and some of Philadelphia’s port scene are only a brisque walk away.
- Evokes a deep sense of historical allure.
- Striking urban views from every room.
- Luxurious rooms combine traditional aesthetics with modern comfort.
- For those seeking modern minimalistic styling, the rustic charm might feel overwhelming.
- Lacks some amenities that newer hotel chains offer.
Address: 14 N Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, United States
See Related: Best Resorts In El Salvador
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
The Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia is located in the city’s center and boasts an impressive look at first glance. The main entrance has a 2.5-story facade that towers over the ‘Hotel Palomar’ logo below and is lined with gold-and-brass accents and numerous lights. The art-deco building, originally constructed in the 1920s, has been masterfully renovated and contrasts quite nicely with the hotel’s chic, modern interior.
Its rooms, gilded with contemporary comfort, showcase thoughtful design elements, plush furnishings, a number of floor-to-ceiling windows, and plenty of modern amenities. Sweeping views of the city, available in most rooms, make the urban landscape a part of each guest’s experience. A fine dining experience at the bi-level Square 1682 makes for a fantastic precursor to sipping on a Manhattan, or another such drink, for an evening nightcap at the hotel’s bar.
- Art-deco flair enhancing the aesthetic appeal.
- Proximity to major Philadelphia attractions.
- Innovative culinary experiences at Square 1682.
- High pricing, especially during peak seasons.
- Valet parking can be slow during busy hours.
Address: 117 S 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
See Related: Best Resorts in the Florida Keys
Motto By Hilton Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square
Just outside the frenzy of Rittenhouse Square, Motto By Hilton finds its rightful home. It serves as a refreshing addition to the city’s vibrant hospitality scene, bringing with it a modern approach that is wholly concerned with efficiency and urban-chic aesthetic. Each room, though efficiently sized, is a masterclass in space optimization, equipped with all the essentials and modern amenities.
The in-house cafe and bar are also buzzing hubs of activity, where guests can enjoy a curated menu of bites and beverages, or socialize, relax, and work in one of the hotel’s many communal spaces.
- Embraces local culture and history in its design.
- Situated in the heart of the city, close to key attractions.
- Offers a unique communal experience through shared spaces.
- Rooms can be somewhat smaller than your average Hilton.
- Might be a bit noisy due to its city center location.
- Limited on-site amenities compared to larger hotels.
Address: 31 S 19th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
See Related: Best Resorts in Rhode Island
Aloft Philadelphia Downtown
Step into an intersection of historic charm and modern aesthetics at the Aloft Philadelphia Downtown. Part of the innovative Aloft brand by Marriot, this hotel combines modern aesthetics with the rich exterior architectural heritage of the building it occupies, providing guests with a refined blend of old and new.
Guests are presented with a lively atmosphere as soon as they enter the hotel, with interiors characterized by bright colors, open spaces, and industrial design elements that deliver a distinctly modern feel.
W XYZ Bar, the hotel’s signature lounge, is a popular gathering spot and offers guests a selection of cocktails, light bites, and live music performances. ReFuel by Aloft also offers on-the-go snack and beverage options, ensuring guests can get their munchy fixes at any time of day–or night.
- Prime location with iconic attractions within walking distance.
- A unique blend of historical architecture and modern styling.
- Vibrant in-house Refinery Bar with an impressive selection of local craft beers.
- Limited dining options within the premises.
- Rooms may feel relatively small compared to other luxury hotels.
- No in-house spa or wellness center.
Address: 101 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, United States