The world of AI solutions is making amazing new things possible in many industries. Emerging trends in the hospitality business are using AI applications to find the best deals to book flights, plan curated itineraries, and navigate to their destinations — all in a convenient self-service portal. In this article, we compared online reviews from hundreds of users to find artificial intelligence travel tools for your next travel and tourism.
Best AI Travel Tools & Resources
1. Best Artificial Intelligence Travel Tool Overall — Destinations.ai
Destinations.ai is made to be your all-in-one artificial travel assistant in a way that traditional travel companies can’t match. Regarding the travel industry, this is the artificial intelligence you want at your disposal. It isn’t just a travel assistant — it is a total vacation planner that uses customer preferences and data analysis to generate an AI-designed holiday trip.
You put in your preferences for travel dates, airlines, budget, temperature, scenery, and other travel planning needs, and Destinations.ai generates a custom-made vacation destination just for you. That includes hotel bookings, flight reservations, and tourist destinations in just a few moments.
Regarding personalized experiences and virtual assistants in the travel industry, there is nothing quite like Destinations.ai. This savvy artificial intelligence points to the future of the travel business, showing the endless possibilities of travel and AI. If you want to explore but aren’t sure where to start, Destinations.ai could be an excellent choice.
- No plan is needed; completely free
- It only takes a few moments to generate an itinerary
- Supplemental travel guides to learn more about a location
- A new tool, so it may have bugs that need to be fixed
- Few reviews yet available to compare
- I can plan trips only in the US at the moment
2. Best Artificial Intelligence Travel Tool For Groups — KAYAK
You may have heard of KAYAK as one of the top travel metasearch engines for hotel rooms, flights, and car rentals. However, this AI-driven site in the travel industry can also help curate the perfect itinerary for your next trip, all with the most basic information.
It also tracks the flights during your travel dates to help you find the best deals. Most notably, KAYAK’s itinerary function can be shared between users, making it ideal for planning a vacation with family members or a big group of friends. Customers can also approve flight alerts to get the best deals to book airlines and travel without breaking the bank!
KAYAK may still be primarily known as a standard booking company in the travel and tourism industry, but it has a bright future. If you are planning a group travel experience or want to share your travel plans with friends, this could be right up your alley.
- The platform is easy to use and intuitive
- Multiuser sharing makes it easy to plan group trips
- Flight alerts offer the chance to get better deals on travel
- Some reviewers mention information such as travel dates or hotels being changed without their knowledge
- You will need to be cautious of scams, as scammers have found ways to work with KAYAK
See Related: Most Romantic Places in the World
3. Best Artificial Intelligence Travel Tool For Trips With Multiple Stops — Roamr
Roamr is a newer artificial intelligence tool that lets you complete a travel itinerary in mere seconds with a few basic details, including your budget, travel dates, and where you want to go.
But the most intriguing feature of Roamr is that it makes it possible to plan a trip between several cities in the same area in a way that most travel companies can’t. One example: want to explore both Munich and Prague in one weekend? Roamr will point you toward local train schedules and other info to help you make multiple stops on a single trip.
This is especially helpful in places such as Europe, where you can quickly jump between cities and even countries within a day. If you have a lot of quick stops on a more extended trip, Roamr could be the travel assistant you need.
- Making an itinerary is super-fast and only requires basic details
- It helps you plan both international and local travel
- Made to work with mobile devices
- Still in its early days, so there may be bugs to smooth out
- Not a lot of reviews online
4. Best Artificial Intelligence Travel Tool For Business Travel — Amgine
Imagine was designed as HelloGbye, an AI-powered platform with business travel in mind. This tool is intended for people who frequently travel in their line of work and have to deal with the regular hassle of booking flights and hotel rooms. What is more, Amgine isn’t purely AI — it works in a unique human-AI interface that helps the booking process and other travel-related methods go more smoothly and successfully.
Business people face unique challenges when booking travel, especially if their job centers on traveling. Imagine is a travel assistant that takes the stress and struggles out of traveling for work, making the process smoother in a way that is beyond human intelligence or the capacities of most tourism companies. If you travel for work regularly — especially if you often cross borders or fly across the world — Amgine could be just what you need when it comes to AI in travel.
- Designed with businesspeople in mind
- It uses a human-AI interface to help the process be smooth and automated but also relevant and helpful
- Not widely available — customers must request a demo on the website to use
5. Best Artificial Intelligence Travel Tool For Those on a Budget — Expedia
We have all heard of Expedia as a website for booking car rentals, hotel rooms, and other travel needs. However, the popular platform also uses AI to improve its customer experience. Customers start by narrowing their search based on location, budget, travel dates, and other preferences.
Through the artificial intelligence-powered website, Expedia helps you find the cheapest flights and most comfortable hotels with dynamic pricing services. One of the site’s biggest appeals is the helpfulness of the AI chatbot, which can respond promptly to people experiencing travel crises who need to rebook or cancel flights, car rentals, or hotel rooms. If you want to be able to change your travel plans and customize your vacation with a dynamic robot concierge, Expedia could be a perfect choice.
- It helps you find the best accommodation bookings suited to your needs
- The helpful chatbot is widely recognized for its machine-learning algorithms and excellent customer experience
- Travelers can change travel choices as needed, even in an emergency
- Some customers report being able to find better deals by reaching out to hotel owners or travel agents directly
- Cancellation policies may be strict
See Related: Best Spring Break Destinations in the US
6. Best Artificial Intelligence Travel Tool For Those Who Need Offline Access — TripIt
TripIt helps you organize your trip in one place by helping you plan ahead and keeping you abreast of minute-by-minute travel changes. These include everything related to trips, from gate changes to flight delays and other information.
The tools allow users to track their trip even while not connected to the internet, making it a valuable platform for those traveling to places that might not have consistent internet access. The Pro offerings will allow you to track live flight updates, fare adjustments, and other changing information.
- Pro TripIt allows travelers to track live updates regarding their bookings and itinerary.
- An all-in-one platform keeps you organized.
- All you have to do is make a booking and select “forward to TripIt” to have it added automatically to your itinerary
- Offline access to itineraries
- The free version does not offer access to all features, such as live flight updates
7. Best AI Tool For Those Whose Plans Change — iPlan
Are you the kind of person who prefers not to have a set-in-stone travel itinerary and instead see where your trip takes you? Many customers are! Users can still use AI in travel with a tool like iPlan. This platform adjusts your itinerary automatically as you update it, customizing it as much as you want.
Through some savvy machine learning, iPlan will rewrite your plans in moments. To make it even easier to coordinate while still being spontaneous, you can share the itinerary with other travelers, making it simple to travel with a group of friends or colleagues.
Every person with access can edit the plans, too. This handy tool proves that planning things doesn’t have to take the fun and spontaneity out of travel.
- Shared edit access makes it easy for group travelers to collaborate
- Problem-solving AI technology adjusts your itinerary as you edit elements
- Quick adjustments help travelers adapt in seconds
- Completely free to users
- Limited information and customer reviews online
8. Best AI Travel Tool For Exploring a City — Roam Around
ChatGPT is undoubtedly one of the most well-known AI technologies of today. Roam Around works directly with the platform to assist you with basic travel planning needs.
Performing tasks requires only a small amount of basic information — your destination and the length of your time there. It then produces a tailored itinerary with suggestions for what you should do during your stay.
Roam Around is a pretty essential tool for AI in travel, but this could be helpful for those who don’t know how to formulate sophisticated questions for data processing. On the other hand, some people might find it lacking in terms of tools and filters.
- Offers basic information about tourist destinations to visit during your stay
- Works with ChatGPT, a widely-accessible AI tool
- Basic enough for almost anyone to use it
- It doesn’t allow you to filter or refine your queries
- It might not present enough information for many customers’ needs
- It does not track airlines, flight information, or hotel bookings
See Related: Best Beach Vacations in Europe
9. Best AI Travel Tool For Those Who Want a Unique Experience — Vacay
If you’re looking for something genuinely tailor-made for your travel needs and goals, Vacay is a perfect choice. This AI chatbot partners with ChatGPT to help you figure out the ideal vacation for your needs, including destinations, travel dates, things to do, and more.
This is an excellent option for those who want to take a trip but aren’t sure where to start. Vacay will even provide recommendations for local hotels, restaurants, and entertainment. This means that it has many uses, and consequently, you’ll have to know how to use AI chatbots to refine your search.
- Helps design customized vacation itinerary
- Available with suggestions for local hotspots
- Not well-suited for those who don’t know how to write AI prompts
- The itinerary must be copy-pasted to notepad, as details aren’t saved
10. Best AI Travel Tool For Non-English Speakers — Skyscanner
All these travel tools are great, but you might be out of luck if English isn’t your preferred language. If your travel planning happens in another language, you might have an easier time with an AI assistant like Skyscanner. This Edinburgh-based AI tool offers the chance to make an all-in-one travel plan in one of 30 languages.
To make it even more accessible, you can connect to the AI chatbot through social media, including Facebook messenger and WhatsApp. Start by searching with even the barest details — you don’t have to have a destination if you’re unsure where you want to go. To start, you must type “Anywhere,” and you’ll be directed toward the cheapest flights during your travel period.
- Available in 30 languages
- Accessible through social media platforms
- You can get as detailed or barebones as you like
- Not operated on a single platform (you’ll be directed to the website to finish your travel booking)